Why go up when you can go down.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007 | 01:34 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by captain morgan8
Why would would want your fenders dragging the pavement though? How impractical is it to have to dodge everything on the road because your bumper sits 2 inches off the ground.
Who said anything is dragging on the pavement? People (like the original poster) who go extremely low have adjustable ride height with an air suspension. Thus, they can raise the height to drive around, and lower it to show off when parked.

My truck is lowered 2/4~ and I don't ****. I can drive it just like a stock truck. It's about the height of a 16 oz soda can off the ground and I don't have ANY problems with "hitting stuff" and "always having to dodge things."

Old 01-18-2007 | 01:56 AM
I kinda go by the same rule as 4x2 lowered 4x4 lift it. I've gotta say that if I didnt have a 30' Travel Trailer to tow I would already have the 2/4 drop on mine. Its still gonna get the 22"s though and I'll just try to compensate with a larger profile tire, then swap them out when I tow the TT.

Old 01-18-2007 | 02:01 AM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Who said anything is dragging on the pavement? People (like the original poster) who go extremely low have adjustable ride height with an air suspension. Thus, they can raise the height to drive around, and lower it to show off when parked.

My truck is lowered 2/4~ and I don't ****. I can drive it just like a stock truck. It's about the height of a 16 oz soda can off the ground and I don't have ANY problems with "hitting stuff" and "always having to dodge things."

Yup said perfectly. Same here, if i had 20s or 22s i would be turning more heads, but i turn enough heads atleast with the ford crowd...

And original poster, welcome the forum, you have one sick looking truck.
-Patrick

Last edited by Patman; 01-18-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-18-2007 | 02:11 AM
Lumadar I like the looks of your truck and I think Smok][n has one of the nicest F150s on here so I'm definately not against lowering trucks, but why would you want to have your truck basically resting on it's fenders, even at a show?

Old 01-18-2007 | 03:21 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by captain morgan8
Lumadar I like the looks of your truck and I think Smok][n has one of the nicest F150s on here so I'm definately not against lowering trucks, but why would you want to have your truck basically resting on it's fenders, even at a show?
Thanks.

As for why? It's probably in line with why you would go with a 12 inch lift and 40 inch tires instead of a 6/8 inch and 35s...it cost more and people will notice it. It's just another way to show how "custom" it is and that you dropped some coin on it to make it different and better than the guy next to you.

Having airbags to lift or drop a vehicle on command is NOT for everyone. But some people really get a kick out of it.

Old 01-18-2007 | 03:32 AM
The original "Dropped Ford pickup:"

The last "Dropped Ford Pickup:"

Old 01-18-2007 | 09:24 AM
|
Thanks for all your replys guys. I have about 10 inches of travel with the air setup. I dont drive around with it that low just when it is parked. Living in South Florida the roads are good. I dont have snow, mud, or tow anything. I just like the look. Don't get me wrong I like lifted trucks too but I have already had one and it was harder to drive around than the new low one.

Anyway here's a pic of the old one. 5"5" Fabteck Lift with 35" Toyos
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-18-2007 | 11:08 AM
Nice looking truck

Old 01-18-2007 | 02:18 PM
Man, so many ignorant red necks

Newsflash: Trucks are not made to be used purely to off-road. In fact, trucks aren't built to off-road, they are built to be able to tow and put big, often dirty things in the bed that you couldn't fit, or wouldn't want to fit inside of a finished car.

The reason why people get a TRUCK and lower it is because it looks bad *** and it is different. What else can I buy and throw some 22s on and have it look so unique and clean?

Should I throw them on a 300? Wow, never seen that done before

Please. Not everyone buys a truck to off-road it. In fact, I would say 90% of people with lifted trucks either don't ever off-road it, or do it maybe 1-3 times a year. What's the point in that?

Every single time I drive my lowered truck I get to take advantage of the improved handling and cornering abilities. Not to mention it turns heads like crazy. And I don't have to worry about pulling up next to 3-4 other guys in the same thing in a different color at every light.

Big rims and lower a car? Grats, no one even notices. Put an aggressive street/sport stance on a truck and rim it up and people take notice.
I dont have a problem with someone throwing 22s on a truck thats lifted. That to me looks a lot cleaner than dropped, especially hand in hand with a huge lift.

Old 01-18-2007 | 03:54 PM

Newsflash: Trucks are not made to be used purely to off-road. In fact, trucks aren't built to off-road, they are built to be able to tow and put big, often dirty things in the bed that you couldn't fit, or wouldn't want to fit inside of a finished car.

The reason why people get a TRUCK and lower it is because it looks bad *** and it is different. What else can I buy and throw some 22s on and have it look so unique and clean?

Please. Not everyone buys a truck to off-road it. In fact, I would say 90% of people with lifted trucks either don't ever off-road it, or do it maybe 1-3 times a year. What's the point in that?

Every single time I drive my lowered truck I get to take advantage of the improved handling and cornering abilities. Not to mention it turns heads like crazy. And I don't have to worry about pulling up next to 3-4 other guys in the same thing in a different color at every light.

Big rims and lower a car? Grats, no one even notices. Put an aggressive street/sport stance on a truck and rim it up and people take notice.
So do you take your truck to the track weekly and race or what? I happen to think that 4x4 and a lift makes more of a difference to more people then "Improved handling and cornering abilities". Without my tires and 4x4 I doubt I would have made it out of my neighborhood the other morning. Some people happen to like the look of it and in some cases it is a necessity. Can you say dragging your fenders on the ground is a necessity? Didnt think so. Point is, to each his own. Also, I really didnt appreciate the Ignorant redneck comment. Grow up.

Old 01-18-2007 | 09:53 PM

I think that if you lift a truck, at least you can offroad...
With a lowered truck, you can't even pull all the way in to a parking space.
I think it looks ok, but is kind of pointless.

Old 01-18-2007 | 10:24 PM
Suspended
This thread went downhill real fast, of course the thread title provoked it.

Old 01-19-2007 | 12:07 AM
4x4 go up 4x2 go down. ill agree.. its not everyday you see a full sized truck riding inches off the ground.. some like it .. some dont.

ive gotten both reactions out of people.. some say it looks killer and some are lookin down at you laughin while their woman is leaning over them to see and saying "WOW"

same thing with lifted trucks..

so whatever you like.. pursue it.. and have fun

Old 01-19-2007 | 02:32 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by KickinBlue4x4
So do you take your truck to the track weekly and race or what? I happen to think that 4x4 and a lift makes more of a difference to more people then "Improved handling and cornering abilities". Without my tires and 4x4 I doubt I would have made it out of my neighborhood the other morning. Some people happen to like the look of it and in some cases it is a necessity. Can you say dragging your fenders on the ground is a necessity? Didnt think so. Point is, to each his own. Also, I really didnt appreciate the Ignorant redneck comment. Grow up.
Do you HAVE to leave the pavement to fully enjoy a lifted truck? Does it require baja style unpaved tracks and checkered flags to enjoy a lifted truck off road?

No, of course not. It's fun to ride in a lifted truck on the road (when it is new, and you don't have to make an emergency maneuver of course), and the same logic applies to my truck.

When I drive my truck I have fun pushing the truck harder around turns- especially on the vacant back roads that I frequent to my girlfriend's house. Nothing but wilderness and windy roads.

My Dad has the same exact truck as mine, but 4x4 and stock. I drive his and although it is a nice truck, it does nothing for me. I don't really enjoy driving it. My truck is just more fun to drive- always.

I don't need a race track to safely enjoy the enhanced handling of my truck.

Do you think BMW owners only enjoy their vehicles on a track? Doubt it, or they wouldn't sell so many at such an insane price, would they?

Quote by xXDroneXx -
"With a lowered truck, you can't even pull all the way in to a parking space.
I think it looks ok, but is kind of pointless."
And I do just fine pulling into any parking spot, and all the way But thanks for the concern!

As for it being pointless, I guess some people just can't read, either that or they chose not to because they are closed minded. Go read above for a full list of REASONS (ie "points") to have a lowered truck.

Old 01-19-2007 | 02:52 AM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by xXDroneXx
With a lowered truck, you can't even pull all the way in to a parking space.
I think it looks ok, but is kind of pointless.
Even with a hill i still can back up all the way

And thats with the spare still under there too

Quick Reply: Why go up when you can go down.