Why go up when you can go down.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007 | 09:17 AM
Suspended
It's simple as this, different strokes for different folks.

Old 01-19-2007 | 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
It's simple as this, different strokes for different folks.
+1

Old 01-19-2007 | 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
Even with a hill i still can back up all the way

And thats with the spare still under there too
You have a 2-4 drop, i'm talking about a low rider, and whats to stop a place from having high parking block?

Old 01-19-2007 | 08:01 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by xXDroneXx
You have a 2-4 drop, i'm talking about a low rider, and whats to stop a place from having high parking block?
haha. Talk about blatant hating.

Here's a hypothetical for you, what if you want to take your lifted truck into a parking garage?

OH MY GOD. Lifted trucks aren't practical, they are such a waste of a truck!!!!!

Old 01-19-2007 | 08:30 PM
I like 'em lifted and lowered as long as it's not to extreme either way.

P.S. Pat, those pics are freakin' gigantic.

Last edited by Gear Jammer; 01-19-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-19-2007 | 11:02 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Gear Jammer
P.S. Pat, those pics are freakin' gigantic.
Get a bigger monitor! No problems here.

Old 01-20-2007 | 03:57 AM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Get a bigger monitor! No problems here.

or run higher resolution Ive got 17" monitor and 1280x1024 resolution

Old 01-20-2007 | 12:54 PM
Lowering a truck defeats the point of a truck you can't tow or haul much may as well have a car. 4x4 needs to be lifted and a 4x2 can stay stock hight or be lifted but never lowered in my opinion.

Old 01-20-2007 | 03:53 PM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by hmustang
Lowering a truck defeats the point of a truck you can't tow or haul much may as well have a car. 4x4 needs to be lifted and a 4x2 can stay stock hight or be lifted but never lowered in my opinion.
when i was lowered 2/3 i still could carry just as much as stock
Ive moved atleast half a dozen times for different people, and even towed a car on a car dolly when i was lowered 2/3

Next?

Old 01-20-2007 | 04:01 PM
Suspended
I have adjustable air suspension in the rear to compensate for loads for that exact reason.

BTW, do me a favor and go poll every person you see getting into, or out of a truck for the next week on whether or not they tow, and if so, how often. Let me know how many of those people actually "use their truck" according to you.

You might be surprised that a LOT of people buy trucks because they are big, strong, safe, and cosmetically and aesthetically appealing. not to mention the fact that trucks have better resale than most cars.

I just can't figure out why people insist of being so ignorant as to the fact that trucks aren't made purely for a single purpose. A truck is an automobile, and to many that is all they need it to be. If I wanted a car, I would have purchased a car. I wanted a truck. There is no law anywhere stating a truck must sit at a certain level.

***NEWSFLASH*** Ford Lightnings, Harley Davidson trucks, and Dodge SRT-10s are NOT actually trucks according to the redneck community. All owners of said vehicles must re-register their vehicles as CARS at the DMV ASAP.

Old 01-20-2007 | 04:08 PM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by Lumadar
....snip....

I just can't figure out why people insist of being so ignorant as to the fact that trucks aren't made purely for a single purpose. A truck is an automobile, and to many that is all they need it to be. If I wanted a car, I would have purchased a car. I wanted a truck. There is no law anywhere stating a truck must sit at a certain level.

***NEWSFLASH*** Ford Lightnings, Harley Davidson trucks, and Dodge SRT-10s are NOT actually trucks according to the redneck community. All owners of said vehicles must re-register their vehicles as CARS at the DMV ASAP.

lol exactly. I bet ive done more with my truck then the average stocker or lifted does

First month i had it, the bed was already scratched to hell, I did my eagle project the 3rd week of owning my truck, which involved making a handicapped accessible ramp, so hauled lots of wood and sack concrete. And I personally moved myself 3 times, moved others atleast a dozen times.

IDK maybe its just me

Old 01-20-2007 | 04:24 PM
haha. Talk about blatant hating.

Here's a hypothetical for you, what if you want to take your lifted truck into a parking garage?

OH MY GOD. Lifted trucks aren't practical, they are such a waste of a truck!!!!!

Speaking of blatant hating I'm just messing with you man, but seriously this is like the pot calling the kettle black. We are all on the same Ford team here so lifted or not we all have one thing in common. (Dodge sucks)

P.S. The Dodge sucks comment was not put on to start a comparison to the Triton vs. Hemi discussion or anything else, merely to stir the troops.

Old 01-20-2007 | 07:34 PM

First of all I'm not ignorant 2nd of all I'm old school which means trucks are supose to sit up higher not lower. Like I stated in my other post which was my opinion. You can do what you want with your truck as far as lifting or lowering its your ride your money. Now I do agree with you that most trucks are not used as trucks they are just used as daily drivers which is cool as long as its a FORD Truck.

Old 01-20-2007 | 07:44 PM
Suspended
Now I do agree with you that most trucks are not used as trucks they are just used as daily drivers which is cool as long as its a FORD Truck.
Well said

Old 01-20-2007 | 07:46 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 04 F-150
Speaking of blatant hating I'm just messing with you man, but seriously this is like the pot calling the kettle black. We are all on the same Ford team here so lifted or not we all have one thing in common. (Dodge sucks)

P.S. The Dodge sucks comment was not put on to start a comparison to the Triton vs. Hemi discussion or anything else, merely to stir the troops.

I hope you do realize I was purely kidding only to make an example of how up or down can be viewed as impractical.

I love lifted trucks. I had to think long and hard before I decided which way I would take my truck. Ultimately, the fact that EVERYONE where I live drives a lifted, white, Ford truck made me try something different and unique. I couldn't be happier

Quick Reply: Why go up when you can go down.