need help on lifting my f150 04 lariat

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007 | 01:10 AM
|
need help on lifting my f150 04 lariat

Hi, everybody. I'm really new to lifting trucks but i registered on this website because i knew i would be able to get some real good help from someone in here.
I have a f150 04 lariat 4x4 and I don't have really a lot of money to spend since I got a sub system last week. I want my truck to be lifted not more the 4" and be able to fit at least 33 wheel.
I was looking at suspension lift, body lift, and the rancho 4" lift.
Do you people think that i can still leave the stock wheel under after any of the lift I mentioned above? Do you know if my gear ratio will change? And should i get a edge evo or something like it to fix the gear ratio?
Thank you ahead

Old 01-29-2007 | 08:14 AM
You can fit 33's stock. If you are on a budget, you could add a 2.5 inch Autospring kit up front and go with a set of 33's on aftermarket wheels easily.

Old 01-29-2007 | 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by marcorlando
Hi, everybody. I'm really new to lifting trucks but i registered on this website because i knew i would be able to get some real good help from someone in here.
I have a f150 04 lariat 4x4 and I don't have really a lot of money to spend since I got a sub system last week. I want my truck to be lifted not more the 4" and be able to fit at least 33 wheel.
I was looking at suspension lift, body lift, and the rancho 4" lift.
Do you people think that i can still leave the stock wheel under after any of the lift I mentioned above? Do you know if my gear ratio will change? And should i get a edge evo or something like it to fix the gear ratio?
Thank you ahead
The Rancho 4" lift will run you about $1800 w/shocks if you do the install yourself. If not, install can run anywhere between $400-800 smackers. The 4" lift will allow you to run 35" tires with the stock rim or 33's if you like. Yes, you can run the stock tires but they do look a little a small. Basically, the bigger the tire the more you gear ratio will change. With 35's you lose some bottom end and it is a little harder on the tranny. I am running 3.73's so I did not change gears but did use a programmer to correct the speedo. Now, a body lift is more cost effective but the install sounds like a bear-I think the Rancho is the way I would go-you can always save for the tires!

Old 01-29-2007 | 08:29 AM
Howdy and welcome to the site.

With the Rancho 4" lift, you can still use your stock wheels. The rancho lift with the basic RS5000 shocks will run you about $1700 depending on where you buy it from. Of course the install will be more $ unless you plan on doing it yourself.

A 3" Performance Accessories body lift is around $300, but I've heard that the install is quite involved and tedious. So, it is a much cheaper lift, but the install will cost you more unless you're doing it yourself. You can run your stock rims with that as well.

Here are some links to look at, one is a picture of a rancho lift with stock rims, the other is the install of the PA body lift from their website:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=268261

http://www.performanceaccessories.co...ions/70063.pdf

If you stick with 33's or 35's you will be fine without having to regear, there are many on this site with 37's that have not regeared. En Edge Evo will help make up for any lost power with bigger meats.

Old 01-29-2007 | 02:39 PM
|
Originally Posted by Tripyn69
The Rancho 4" lift will run you about $1800 w/shocks if you do the install yourself. If not, install can run anywhere between $400-800 smackers. The 4" lift will allow you to run 35" tires with the stock rim or 33's if you like. Yes, you can run the stock tires but they do look a little a small. Basically, the bigger the tire the more you gear ratio will change. With 35's you lose some bottom end and it is a little harder on the tranny. I am running 3.73's so I did not change gears but did use a programmer to correct the speedo. Now, a body lift is more cost effective but the install sounds like a bear-I think the Rancho is the way I would go-you can always save for the tires!
Hey Tripyn69 I saw in your pics that you put a 2.5 leveling kit? what brand is that? and can you still keep that on once you put the 4" rancho lift?

Old 01-29-2007 | 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by marcorlando
Hey Tripyn69 I saw in your pics that you put a 2.5 leveling kit? what brand is that? and can you still keep that on once you put the 4" rancho lift?
That is the 2 1/2 inch leveling kit from AutoSpring and no I would not recommend adding that on spacer top of the 4" lift. The driveline angles are wayyyyyyy to extreme and this will shorten the life of the components in the front end. However, there are some members that have done it; maybe they will chime in.

Old 01-29-2007 | 07:32 PM
I have a 2.5" Autospring ($100) plus a 3" PA Body Lift ($300) invested in my '04 4x4. I'm running 12.50x35 BFG Mud Terrains on OEM wheels. I did the lift myself, some lessons learned are posted in this forum (DYI Body Lift....The Good...The Bad....The Ugly). Here's my truck. Good luck.

Last edited by jjenne; 01-29-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2007 | 10:21 PM
|
So jjenne do you think i can put this 3" body lift http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70063...spagenameZWDVW

with this leveling kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-07...spagenameZWDVW

thank you 4 the help

Old 01-29-2007 | 10:35 PM
I don't see why not. I can't speak directly to the RCD leveling kit, I have Autospring, but that shouldn't matter and I have the same PA body lift. They both went on fine for me and I have no issues. If you're planning rims, read up on the backspacing covered in this forum. The wider rim with less backspacing pushes the tire out and changes the radius when turning, which can lead to rubbing if your not careful.

Quick Reply: need help on lifting my f150 04 lariat