polyurethane or Steel 2.5" leveling kit???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007 | 05:50 PM
|
polyurethane or Steel 2.5" leveling kit???

Which one is better? Also, should I also buy the add-a-leaf to put on as well?
Evan

Old 01-31-2007 | 05:57 PM
The poly spacers required that you take apart the coil assembly, as they sit on top of the actual coil. The steel spacers sit on top of the coil assembly. It's easier to use the steel, plus over time (quite some time) the poly spacers might sag.

Old 01-31-2007 | 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by evantugby
Which one is better? Also, should I also buy the add-a-leaf to put on as well?
Evan

The AAL is strictly by preference.

It helps give you a bit of the factory rake look, and it stiffens the ride a little, but takes away the "pre-runner" look.

I'd do a lift shacke first, then an AAL if you really want.

Old 01-31-2007 | 06:26 PM
The polyurethane is better because there is no metal to metal and it also replaces the crappy rubber in the present coil. Problem is it's a lot harder to install the polyurethane unless you have spring compressors or a heavy duty strut compressor. It would take a long time for the polyurethane to wear down (long after you sold the truck)

Old 01-31-2007 | 06:33 PM
|
Is there a problem with metal to metal? Does it make tons of noise or something?
Evan

Old 01-31-2007 | 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by KansasJoe
The polyurethane is better because there is no metal to metal and it also replaces the crappy rubber in the present coil. Problem is it's a lot harder to install the polyurethane unless you have spring compressors or a heavy duty strut compressor. It would take a long time for the polyurethane to wear down (long after you sold the truck)
I agree.. I'm running the pro comp 2.5" poly spacer..

Old 01-31-2007 | 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by evantugby
Is there a problem with metal to metal? Does it make tons of noise or something?
Evan
No, no noises at all from the metal spacers.

some of the old AS 2.5 spacers had the uca hitting the coils but supposedly thats corrected now.

Old 02-01-2007 | 03:40 PM
Easiest way to look at it is this. The big time companies such as skyjacker and pro comp developed a polyurethane spacer for a reason. The metal spacers are those ones you buy on ebay made by whoever. I've installed about 5 of the metal ones here but can't remember the names of companies (think there were 3 different ones out of the 5). The metals are simple to install which is probably why they're popular at all. Ask yourself if they were the same cost and same time to install which would you rather have? I would rather have poly on mine than metal to metal anyday.

Old 02-01-2007 | 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by KansasJoe
Easiest way to look at it is this. The big time companies such as skyjacker and pro comp developed a polyurethane spacer for a reason. The metal spacers are those ones you buy on ebay made by whoever. I've installed about 5 of the metal ones here but can't remember the names of companies (think there were 3 different ones out of the 5). The metals are simple to install which is probably why they're popular at all. Ask yourself if they were the same cost and same time to install which would you rather have? I would rather have poly on mine than metal to metal anyday.

A lot of those big name companies are coming out with the metal strut spacers now also for a lot of the new vehicles like Chevy and Nissan. If they were a crappy design they would have made the poly spacers for those applications also and not the metal strut spacers.......

Quick Reply: polyurethane or Steel 2.5" leveling kit???