body lift install problems...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
body lift install problems...

well i put my 05 F150 in at the shop yesterday at dependable offroad here in fullerton, CA. they called me today and told me that everything else is pretty much done except they could not get the body bushings off the bolts for the body mounts so they can re-use them. they said they tried everything possible and they only got 1 of them out. they said they beated them in a vice, tried putting some type of 200psi of pressure on them, tried heating them up and they still wouldnt come out. they said the loctite on them is keeping them in and not letting them come out. they even called PA and they said that there are instances like these on some of the F150's where the bolts will not come out. so they said they are ordering the bushings themselves from FORD and are just going to replace the ones that wont come out. Does this seem like the route to go, or should those bolts be coming out? anyone expirience this themselves first hand? and whats the going price on those bushings? do they sell them as just the bushing with no bolts in them or what? any help is appreciated.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone?

Quick Reply: body lift install problems...