Lift vs Lower to level it out

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift vs Lower to level it out

Well after much contemplation on what to do to level my '04 XLT 4x4 I have decided on the Ground Force Lowering Shackles kit # 91200. A very good article helped to sway me in that direction:http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...ring/index.php
I have to admit though I almost was sold on the Auto Spring spacer, but since I probably won't increase my tire size anyway the extra space between the tire / fender isn't of much use to me.
Just curious as to how many other 4x4 owners chose this route...

Old 02-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Sounds like a good option to the spacer. Personally, I like the lifted look, but if ya go with the spacer you hafta go with bigger tires and rims or it looks cheesy! And anything beats the factory stance. So if the 4X4 is something your not using all the time & rarely need, it’s definitely the way to go!

Old 02-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, I don't have a 4x4 but I love the way my Ground Force shackles make my truck look. Everyone at my work has noticed the change and have given me positive feedback. Even the service manager at my local Ford dealership said to me, "This is how these trucks should look when they come off the factory line." Hope this helps. Just my two cents.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Do you have any pics since the drop?

Old 02-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Do you have any pics since the drop?
No , actually I just ordered the shackels and haven't even installed them yet. I 'll be sure to post my results when the job is complete. There are some "before" and "after" photo's on the webpage link of my first post that shows the effect though.

Quick Reply: Lift vs Lower to level it out