BDS springs just came in

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007 | 02:21 PM
|
BDS springs just came in

My three sets of BDS 5.5" springs just came in today. Unfortunately I was expecting them tomorrow so I drove my Harley to work today so I won't be able to put them on until tomorrow but I've got the other sets sold to customers with Fabtech kits on them and will post pics so you can see what they look like with the Fabtech 6" (mines fabtech too but I have a skyjacker spacer on front so I'm gonna arch the springs up before I put them on mine)

Old 03-13-2007 | 10:14 PM
Suspended
Can you take a side by side photo of the BDS springs and the stock springs?

Old 03-16-2007 | 12:42 AM
Did u get them on yet??? How do they ride??

Old 03-16-2007 | 09:46 AM
|
Haven't had a chance to put them in yet but should get a chance today. Nice because the box kit comes with new u bolt plates, u bolts, bump stop extensions, and 2 new front bolts so you can just cut the front bolts out. I took a couple of pics of it one of them compared to a F150 main leaf I had laying around and the difference on the free arch is 5.25" difference with an extra leaf in the new stack.

Last edited by KansasJoe; 03-16-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-16-2007 | 01:23 PM
Hey I just got quoted on a 6" or so he said in a BDS suspention installed at 1900 does that sound right ??? I think I can possibly talk him down to 1700 once if I buy more stuff from them. He was getting info on rims and tires, as I really want the KMC Rockstars for the Diamo 17K both in black. But not sure how far they will stick out of the fender. The truck is a 2007 F150 4x4 sand stone metallic, what tire would you suggest he said a Toyo MT 35 but I was thinking maybe a Nitto or something like to save a little on the tire money

Old 03-16-2007 | 01:36 PM
|
1900 sounds cheap for the kit installed and it's definitely not the price for the BDS kit with the leaf springs unless he plans on taking a pretty big loss. There's 2 different kits. One has leaf springs and one has blocks. I can tell you jobber on the block kit is 2198 and for the leaf spring kit is 2576 and you can usually subtract between 10-15% and that should get you pretty close to what you'll be paying for the kit. Make sure he's not trying to be sneaky and not include shocks or somethings like a lot of online places do. There are 7 different components (boxes, leaf springs, etc.) per kit so just make sure all of those are included and if he's gonna do it for 1900 installed I'd jump all over that

Old 03-16-2007 | 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by KansasJoe
1900 sounds cheap for the kit installed and it's definitely not the price for the BDS kit with the leaf springs unless he plans on taking a pretty big loss. There's 2 different kits. One has leaf springs and one has blocks. I can tell you jobber on the block kit is 2198 and for the leaf spring kit is 2576 and you can usually subtract between 10-15% and that should get you pretty close to what you'll be paying for the kit. Make sure he's not trying to be sneaky and not include shocks or somethings like a lot of online places do. There are 7 different components (boxes, leaf springs, etc.) per kit so just make sure all of those are included and if he's gonna do it for 1900 installed I'd jump all over that

Well that was what i was thinking. I will have to wait and see what he says when he calls back. It was a BDS 6" is all he said so I guess I will have to ask more as to what is included in the kit, cause I did look online and saw the prices he had. He said he recommended that kit, the place is called cutten customs off Cutten rd in Houston, texas

J

Old 03-16-2007 | 04:49 PM
|
Here are some pics of finished product. I have half a leveling kit on front so I sit at 7.5" on front so I added another leaf to the BDS stack so it would sit at 6.5" and took it out on some rocks behind shop and it rides awesome. Was afraid it would stiffen up but it didn't at all. Also ended up repainting the shocks silver because they were starting to rust. Kind of matches the FX4 logo with the red boot and silver shock.

Old 03-16-2007 | 09:33 PM
Your truck looks great!! So you did what you were telling me about and thats putting on BDS springs to avoid rear sagging on the 6" Fabtech kit?

Old 03-16-2007 | 09:57 PM
|
I previously had an add a leaf and my spring stack arched up because I have 1/2 a skyjacker poly spacer up front so my front sits 7.5" so my rear needed to total at least 6" for what I think looks good so that's my previous setup. I wanted to get rid of the blocks completely and have a just leaf spring setup so now the truck is 6.5" in the rear but I had to add a leaf to the BDS springs to get them this high. If you just have a straight 6" up front then the rear springs will be good as they are unless you like a big rake then you can always reuse your factory block because the u bolts that came with the springs were pretty long.

Old 03-17-2007 | 09:30 AM
kANSASJOE...

Haven't forgot about the Rize system man. Just having some major problems with the truck right now and I am fighting with Ford. I had a pretty catastrophic failure in the engine (only 33,000) miles. As soon as I get it fixed and back on the road I will be contacting you as discussed in earlier e-mails.

Schmidtty

Old 03-21-2007 | 12:31 PM
Joe, how does the BDS ride compared to the skyjacker pack??

Old 03-21-2007 | 03:20 PM
|
Not sure because there'd be no point in putting the skyjackers on because the goal was to get rid of the blocks completely and that's not possible with the skyjackers. They're also higher priced than BDS so there's no reason to even give the skyjackers a try. I really can't tell any difference between my previous set up which was 5" blocks with add a leaf and rearching over what I have now. I ordered 3 sets which are all gone now but so far the customers and I seem to like them. Mine are 6.5 because I have 7.5" on front and the customers rear is 5.5"ish with the straight Fabtech lift and they look good.

Old 03-22-2007 | 08:39 AM
Where did you buy them I can only find the whole bds system

Old 03-22-2007 | 08:45 AM
Joe
What's your opinion of the BDS 6" lift kit? Cost vs. quality vs. performance compared to Fabtech and Rize? Kinda falls in the middle cost wise. I tried to do a search on this site and it seems to be blocked.

Thanks for any advice.

Bob

Quick Reply: BDS springs just came in