**help with fabtech 6" lift**

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question **help with fabtech 6" lift**

I'm about to order a 6" fabtech suspension lift. My question is, for all those who have 6" fabtech lifts, which shocks did you choose and why. The reason I'm asking is because the price of the kit varies greatly depending upon which shocks you order. Which shocks do yall think I should choose if I'm going to be offroading some but not a lot?

Old 03-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Most people go with the regular shocks because the price is so much different and you can always upgrade to the dirt logics later. Once you figure in lift, tires and wheels the price can become pretty steep. If you've got the money now I say go for the dirt logics

Old 03-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, i'll prob go with the regular shocks, so the kit will be around $1550. I'm going to run 35" x 12.50" BFGoodrich Mud Terrains w/ my stock 17" rim. I will probably end up upgrading to the dirt logics and a different rim later on.

Also, will everything come that I need in the kit? Because, my mechanic and I are going to install it. I've heard of people saying that one end of their truck sags with the Fabtech kit?

Old 03-16-2007, 06:44 PM
It's gonna sag a little bit so what I suggest is either add a leaf or go with the BDS springs for the rear. Just put those on my truck which there are pics on a different post but I don't like the sag at all.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:46 PM
I just installed mine about a week ago. I got the dirtlogic front and rear. It does sag. I could have adjusted the front but I figure i didnt lift it to lower it. We ordered a larger block and new u bolts. They havent arrived yet, hopefully they will arrive today so I can get id of the sag.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by KansasJoe
Most people go with the regular shocks because the price is so much different and you can always upgrade to the dirt logics later. Once you figure in lift, tires and wheels the price can become pretty steep. If you've got the money now I say go for the dirt logics
I agree. I have the basic 6" kit and I`m fine with what i have [I don`t do very much off roading], but I put a 5" blk on rr. Didn`t like the rr saging. Basic kit comes with 2". Check out my gallerry I have pics with both 2" & 5" blks. Good luck

Old 03-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Ok, I can see from yalls pictures that the rear end is sagging. So, yall are saying I should either add a leaf or get a larger block? Is there anyone who would recommend a different brand besides fabtech to avoid sagging? If so, is the price in the $1500 dollar range? Thanks for everyone's help.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by J4CK3D UP
Ok, I can see from yalls pictures that the rear end is sagging. So, yall are saying I should either add a leaf or get a larger block? Is there anyone who would recommend a different brand besides fabtech to avoid sagging? If so, is the price in the $1500 dollar range? Thanks for everyone's help.
Fabtech 4x4 kit comes with 5" blocks and I don't know if anyone makes a bigger one than that. The problem is once you get rid of your factory 2" block then you're only totaling 3" and this is where the add a leaf comes in to give you the additional height. All of the kits are designed this way because a lot of peeps like the rear down look and it's easier to go up 1.5" on the rear than it is to go down if they came with a bigger block.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Ok, I see now. But even after you put on the 1.5" on the rear plus the 3" that's only 4.5" and the front end will be sitting 6"? Am I missing something or will this seem about even?

Old 03-16-2007, 09:22 PM
That'll sit you about 1/2-3/4" higher in the rear because they're usually down on the front an average about 2-1/4" from the factory and it'll also increase your load capacity - bonus

Old 03-16-2007, 09:27 PM
O ok so when they say 6" lift it's really a 4" because it's usually down on the front about 2"?

Old 03-16-2007, 09:54 PM
It's a 6" front, 3" rear so to compensate for the rear you have two options....add a leaf or new leaf springs from BDS or Skyjacker. Skyjacker's are 4" and you definitely have to reuse the factory block and BDS is 5.5" and then it's up to how it looks to you if you want to reuse the rear factory block. The new spring stack option is quite a bit higher than the add a leaf so it's whether or not you want the block in the rear.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I get it now. So if you use Skyjacker's 4" leaf spring and the 2" factory block, then it will sit at dead 6" along with the front? Or, if you use the 5.5" BDS springs, the front will sit .5" higher?

If so, then I think I like the idea of buying Skyjacker's 4" leaf spring better than the BDS one.

So, if i purchase the 6" Fabtech suspension kit and 2 Skyjacer 4" leaf springs then everything should go alright?

Quick Reply: **help with fabtech 6" lift**