Stock shock replacement suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007 | 04:01 PM
I just put on Monroe Reflex today on my 02' F-150 and it is a huge difference.. The stock shocks were shot. now it sits a little better and rides a ton better, I went against some of the advice on here from those who suggested the bilstein but I got such a great deal on the Monroe Reflex that I couldnt pass it up. and I am so far happy..

Old 03-25-2007 | 08:56 PM
i just put on skyjacker nitro 8000 on my o2 and the difference was very noticeable

Old 03-26-2007 | 01:20 AM
|
Originally Posted by ELHEFFA'
I just put on Monroe Reflex today on my 02' F-150 and it is a huge difference.. The stock shocks were shot. now it sits a little better and rides a ton better, I went against some of the advice on here from those who suggested the bilstein but I got such a great deal on the Monroe Reflex that I couldnt pass it up. and I am so far happy..
I just looked up the Bilstein shocks. They sure are expensive. I see why you went with the Monroe's. Did you consider the Sensa-Trac's?

Old 03-31-2007 | 09:32 PM
I'm currently looking at new shocks as well. Still compiling feedback. Reguarding the monroes, can anyone comment on the sensa-trac verses the gas-matic monroes?
I bought a full set of 4 this morning at sears. On the 9am till noon sale they were half off. Not sure if I'm gonna keep them or get something better. Didn't want to pass up the price. 16.49 each.
So how will they be? I don't do any real heavy hualing. My trucks a 4x4 but not off road. Will they do ok? Do I really need somthing farther up the evelutionary ladder?
I am wanting the best ride. Mostly blacktop driving with a bit of dirt roads as well.
Also gonna get new tires soon. I'm looking into Firestone Destination A/T.

Old 03-31-2007 | 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by bullseye670
I'm currently looking at new shocks as well. Still compiling feedback. Reguarding the monroes, can anyone comment on the sensa-trac verses the gas-matic monroes?
I bought a full set of 4 this morning at sears. On the 9am till noon sale they were half off. Not sure if I'm gonna keep them or get something better. Didn't want to pass up the price. 16.49 each.
So how will they be? I don't do any real heavy hualing. My trucks a 4x4 but not off road. Will they do ok? Do I really need somthing farther up the evelutionary ladder?
I am wanting the best ride. Mostly blacktop driving with a bit of dirt roads as well.
The sensa-trac's are soft and squishy feeling and the gas-matic are stiff and solid feeling.

Old 03-31-2007 | 10:20 PM
IMO...
I would get the something like this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Bil...4346QQtcZphoto
but thats just me...

Old 04-01-2007 | 12:20 PM
I LOVE my Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

I haven't done the shocks yet, so I can't help with that.

Old 04-01-2007 | 01:03 PM
Have you given Pro Comp Shocks a thought? They have a lifetime warranty and good tech support. Also a good price!

Old 04-01-2007 | 07:12 PM
From what I've heard here and from some shops I've talked to I think the sensa-trac is gonna do what I want.
I don't do any real off roading, Perhaps a little back road cruising. Heck I don't really drive it that much. Its 50 miles each way to work. It took some gettin usd to but I now drive a car to work. Never thought I'd be able to do that. I've owned nothin but trucks sence around 1988.
The sensa-tracs are gonna run me 29 bucks a piece from Murrays Auto. Guess I'll get my money back on those gas-matics.
Looking on tirerack.com gave me the incentive to go with the firestone destinations A/T's. I was considering the Goodyear SilentArmor.
My current truck is a lariet but it drives pretty rough. I'd really like to get the ride smoothed out. I think my old Goodrich A/T tires are finally due for a replacement. I've switched them over on my last three trucks. This is the third truck for them.

Old 04-02-2007 | 10:28 PM
Well, I got the shocks on this morning. Went a lot quicker than I expected. Took an hour and 45 min.
By the way, my Goodrich A/T KO's are still hanging in there. Not as bad as I thought. I think I'll let them go for a while longer.

Old 04-03-2007 | 12:46 AM
Well, I got the shocks on this morning. Went a lot quicker than I expected. Took an hour and 45 min.
By the way, my Goodrich A/T KO's are still hanging in there. Not as bad as I thought. I think I'll let them go for a while longer.
Let me know what you think of them, ride wise. I am thinking of doing the same think. Looking at the Bilteins 5100's, but I want a smoother ride.

Old 04-03-2007 | 03:47 PM
The ride is pretty good. My wife drive the truck a lot more than me. She just called me at work to say that the truck feels 100 % better now. Much smoother.

Quick Reply: Stock shock replacement suggestions?