Camber/Caster

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camber/Caster

Can you adjust the camber on the LCA's without havin to get re-aligned. I set track width is too wide in the front, the tires stick out in the front and not in the back. I have a 4" rancho

Old 03-19-2007, 11:35 PM
i hear crickets, yet again

Old 03-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by fx4jake31
Can you adjust the camber on the LCA's without havin to get re-aligned. I set track width is too wide in the front, the tires stick out in the front and not in the back. I have a 4" rancho
Jake, the reason the tires stick out more in the front is because the Rancho kit widens the track width and it is enough that it is noticeable.. I too have the Rancho 4" and mine also stick out more in the front. Messing with the camber on the LCA's is not going to fix the issue.

BTW... It looks like your alignment cams are both in the same place, did you have an alignment done after you installed the kit?

Old 03-20-2007, 07:23 PM
yeah i did. but when i was puttin the LCA bolts in you see the arm rolling in and out and for some reason i set it out with the offset washers lined up

Old 03-21-2007, 07:55 AM
Funny that they both ended up in the same place after the alignment. Mine are both at different angles and I marked mine after the the tech was done so I could see if they moved. For some reason the alignment tech could not get them tight enough and they kept popping out of place-it took three alignments to get it right and I ended up using heavy loctite and cranking them down tight myself. They have not moved since!

Anyway, to answer you question....Any adjustment to those cams will mess with your alignment, hence the reason you see the LCA's moving back and forth. The only way I see to decrease track width is to get rims with more backspacing in the front so they tuck in further. Although, so much for rotating the tires so that would not work either.............

Old 03-21-2007, 10:12 AM

The Rancho lifts have a spacer that widens the front track width.
About 1/2" increase each side. I don't think that anything can be done to fix it. That is the main reason why I went with Superlift instead of Rancho. Superlift doesn't increase front track width. That is just my preference though. I believe most lifts do increase front track width. Procomp is another that doesn't increase track width, but it is 6". I'm not sure if there are any other 4" lifts that do not increase the front track width. I know RCD makes a 4" inch lift, but I'm not sure about the track width. I didn't bother looking because it was too expensive for me.

I think your truck looks bad a**!!

Last edited by 05BlackF150; 03-21-2007 at 10:20 AM.