Help with rubbing on LCA

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007 | 05:56 PM
|
Help with rubbing on LCA

Everyone, I need some help. I was checking my brake pads to see if they needed replacing when I noticed the lower control arm had a gouge out of a small "knuckle" that protrudes from the backside (rear of truck). Is this normal for leveled trucks (2.5" spacer)? I was thinking that it was there to stop overtravel at full wheel lock. Is it anything to worry about? Thanks for any replies.

Forgot to mention that it is on both sides.

Last edited by 05F150Tex; 04-01-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2007 | 06:41 PM
Truck of the Month
Mine did that, but it doesn't any more, I took the spacer back out. I don't think it's a big deal though.

Old 04-01-2007 | 07:45 PM
|
I was kind of thinking it's wasn't a big deal, but wanted to check with others to see if it was a warning of something not quite right. Thanks for the reply.

Old 04-01-2007 | 09:33 PM
Did you have the truck aligned after you installed the level kit? Mine also did that, but I assumed it was because it wasn't aligned. I knew it was out of alignment after the install as my steering wheel was no longer straight. (I had a previous alignment months before the install). I also noticed that I had some nicks on the springs where the arms may have rubbed. Looks like there is plenty of clearance btwn arms and spring when parked. I also notice it sounds different when I hit bumps. Nothing bad, just different than stock. I installed the 2" AS kit. Any others have comments??

Old 04-02-2007 | 07:27 AM
|
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did have mine aligned after. It appears to be happening now, because this past week it has been raining constantly and I've been driving on dirty/muddy roads. The gash is bright silver (no dirt).

My coils also have some rubbed areas, but from what I've read on here, that's pretty common when you hit a good bump and the spring goes through its full rate of travel.

Quick Reply: Help with rubbing on LCA