05 super duty steering problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 05 super duty steering problems

i wanted to see if anyone could help with a problem i am having with a 05 super duty? the problem is that when you make a turn the steering wheel is supposed to return to center by itsself but it does not do that. you actually have to turn the wheel back yourself. also lets say you are driving down the road and you drift over the line a little bit and you try to correct by turning the steering wheel a little bit and when you do that it seems like the steering breaks free and the steering jerks you over to the point of feeling dangerous. i am wondering if there is some type of electronic part on the steering column that could cause this to happen? i have a 1999 chevy tahoe that did the exact same thing and there was a donut shaped part that went in the steering column inside the cab that caused the problem with that vehicle. i cant remember what the part was called but i know when i replaced it the problem went 100% away. thanks for any help.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You seriously might want to check you steering gears, linkage, steering pump, center link, pitman arm the works. Also check the hydrolic hoses from the gear box and pump.

Quick Reply: 05 super duty steering problems