Axle wrap

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007 | 01:32 PM
Tugged on it, there's a clip just behind the shock tower (as I recall) and it gets hard to move, then slips out of the clip and has a ton of slack.

Old 04-12-2007 | 01:49 PM
|
Thanks for the info mine is currently out of that clip but i think there is another clip little further towards the front and i will try to mess with that one. Do you think there is enough slack in the rubber line to allow for flexion when offroading i was debating getting longer stainless lines?

Old 04-12-2007 | 02:36 PM
I thought about longer lines, but there is still plenty of slack when I jack up on the frame and let the suspension hang - not like a solid axle where impact on the opposite wheel could force the suspension down more, down is down.

Old 04-12-2007 | 05:06 PM
Exactly how much vibration are we talking here? Would really like to know before I go and get myself worked up over nothing. I do have vibration as I mentioned, but it's not really anything bad and could it simply be because of the new tires?

I had my truck back in the shop 2 days ago so they could re-torque everything (they like to do that after the lift has 500 miles on it). I'm going to go home tonight though and see if I can move my back end around like NWAF was saying he could do his.

Old 04-12-2007 | 09:09 PM
|
I'm not talking much but compared to stock there is a vibration. I might be getting worked up over nothing perhaps it is just my tires too but i don't think so because after acceleration it is as smooth as can be. I will probably get traction bars anyway it cant hurt and they are not all that pricey for the pro comps. Besides i think they would only add to the appearance even more especially after i have them powder coated red to match my truck

Old 04-12-2007 | 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by NWAF-150
I'm not talking much but compared to stock there is a vibration. I might be getting worked up over nothing perhaps it is just my tires too but i don't think so because after acceleration it is as smooth as can be. I will probably get traction bars anyway it cant hurt and they are not all that pricey for the pro comps. Besides i think they would only add to the appearance even more especially after i have them powder coated red to match my truck
Yeah mine is exactly as you describe. Vibration on takeoff, but once up to speed it's as smooth as can be. Where are you looking for your traction bars? I have seen a few sites, but can't seem to find anything for 2WD trucks. Thanks

Old 04-13-2007 | 09:42 AM
|
i'll will probably get the pro comps i dont really want to pay an arm and a leg for some

Quick Reply: Axle wrap