2" Spacer versus 2.5" and added leaf

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2" Spacer versus 2.5" and added leaf

Okay I posted a thread earlier asking about increased tire size for once I level my 04 FX4 SCREW

That thread led to someone pointing out that a 2.5 inch leveling kit my result in my front end appearing a little higher then the rear, and the difference in wheel well spacing would be noticeable enough that I would probably want to install a Pro-Comp add-a-leafs to the rear.

I do not mind adding the leaf, but really I just want to level my truck and put on some bigger tires.

Is there some advantage over having the 2.5” spacer with a add leaf versus just a 2” spacer?

Does the add-a-leaf make for a stiffer rear ride? It already seems pretty stiff.

I am looking at the ECD 2.5 leveling kit, its powder coated billet aluminum, I want strength and no squeaking.

I am assuming that metal has to be better then polywhatever.

The only mod I have done to my truck is a Gibson catback and a remote start, so let me say thanks up front, I do appreciate all info that anyone takes time to provide.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, an add-a-leaf may make the rear slightly stiffer. You could just add a taller lift block instead. This will also cost less. Most people go with the 2.5 inch leveling kits because they want as much lift as possible.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:40 PM
If you want to go the 2" route, I have an EZ lift aluminum 2" spacer that I received a while back but never got around to putting it on. I felt the same way about wanting aluminum over "polywhetever" haha. I am going a different route now with the truck. I was going to get a 6" basic lift and add spacer on top, but now I will either do 6" w/coilovers or 8" rize.

i bought it from here http://www.extremetrucktoys.com/ford_lift.htm for $115

Ill let it go for 80 bucks if your interested, its just been sitting here for a couple months collecting dust, might as well sell it.

No spring compressor required.

Let me know

Old 04-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Question

Thanks if I go with the 2" I will contact you, always nice to geta deal.

I came across a thread where a guy was looking for a pic of a truck with BFG 285/65/18 tires.

Of course somebody had one but they said they took off their 2' leveling kit because of ball joint angle concerns.

How much of a concern is this?

In my spare time I like to ride my Harley not work on my truck.

My original tires need to be replaced soon, and I figure a little bigger would look good especially if I leveled it, but I certainly do not want to speed up wearing out the ball joints.

Not sure what to think at this piont, truck is 04 only 28K on it.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:18 PM
I have read of several running the 2" with 65K+ miles with no problems to ball joints. I think the 2.5" puts a little great strain on them. If you do go for it, just email me at rowdyt@gmail.com.

Quick Reply: 2" Spacer versus 2.5" and added leaf