Skyjacker AAL vs. Autospring AAL

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyjacker AAL vs. Autospring AAL

Has anybody tried out the new AAL that Autospring has out now. If so, how is it? Ride?
I want to order a AAL, but want to weigh all my options first. Autospring is stating they have a teflon spacer on the ends to stop the sqeeking. I can't remember if the Skyjackers had that when I installed mine on the old truck.

Can someone refresh my memory.
Here is the Autospring AAL.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-1-2...spagenameZWDVW

Old 04-16-2007, 12:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Skyjackers nly have the button on the rear facing end, thus they squeak. Very annoying. I ended up stuffing some thin rubber in there to stop it from squeaking. Did I mention the Skyjacker AAL squeaking? I hate squeaking.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Skyjackers nly have the button on the rear facing end, thus they squeak. Very annoying. I ended up stuffing some thin rubber in there to stop it from squeaking. Did I mention the Skyjacker AAL squeaking? I hate squeaking.
I now remember that my AAL that orignally came with my kit did NOT have the button on them at all, but it did come with black teflon tape that had to be wrapped around the ends.. THat seemed to have worked pretty good. Only once did I have the dreaded squeak, but after a shot of wd-40 it never came back.

No one has any info on the A.S. AAL?

Old 04-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by hmfic
I now remember that my AAL that orignally came with my kit did NOT have the button on them at all, but it did come with black teflon tape that had to be wrapped around the ends.. THat seemed to have worked pretty good. Only once did I have the dreaded squeak, but after a shot of wd-40 it never came back.

No one has any info on the A.S. AAL?
I just received the 3" as block that replaces the 1.5" stock block for a smoother ride, not sure if I am going to install, pm if you want a great price.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by slipperyslope
I just received the 3" as block that replaces the 1.5" stock block for a smoother ride, not sure if I am going to install, pm if you want a great price.
I sent you an email. You can't use the PM function yet.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker AAL vs. Autospring AAL