Spacer Question???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Spacer Question???

Should the spacer measure the size of the lift???

Like 2.5" lift = 2.5" tall spacer???

Cause I measured mine and they were only 1.75" tall...

Should I send them back???

Old 04-18-2007, 08:32 AM
No dont send them back. I thought the same thing. The 2.5" kits measure about 1.75" believe it or not. Mine only measured 1.50" so I think my 2.5 kit was more like a 2" kit.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Question

Are you kidding me, why don't they make them bigger???

Old 04-18-2007, 12:19 PM
They don't have to be as big as the total lift because of the way the suspension travels. When something swings in an arc, moving it two inches close to the pivot point will cause much more movement out towards the end.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:26 PM
I just recently installed the AS 2 inch leveling kit. The spacers measured about 1 5/8 each but I actually got over two inches of lift.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:57 PM
do to the angle all the way down a 1.75" spacer will give you 2.5"s of lift all the spacers out there are like that!

Old 04-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by bud8817
do to the angle all the way down a 1.75" spacer will give you 2.5"s of lift all the spacers out there are like that!

hey bud8817, i got a quick question maybe you know the answer bro. this is my setup below. i see you installed the AS coil spring spacer in the coil assembly to acheive another 1.5" lift. is that possible with my setup? its the pro comp stage 1 with the spacer. do you think my angles will be to bad, and do you think i have to get new front shocks? the shocks i got i believe are stockers, they are all black and look like standard shocks. what id like to do is to clear 37's. also, will suspension shops install this? or will they not combine this suspension setup together? thanks for any help bro. -Ryan

Old 04-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You may be able to install half of a Daystar spacer. I'm referring to the part that goes on top of the spring itself, not the part that bolts on top of the coilover shock assembly.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by wandell
You may be able to install half of a Daystar spacer. I'm referring to the part that goes on top of the spring itself, not the part that bolts on top of the coilover shock assembly.
thanks wandell, do you think a suspension shop would do this, and do i need new shocks? also, do you think this setup will clear 20x10 wheels with 4.5"s of backspace and 37x13.50 tires. the setup being a 6" pro comp with half of the daystar spacer and a 2" add a leaf in the rear, and a 3" body lift. total of rougly 10.5 - 11"s of lift. this is on a 2wd by the way.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:01 AM
MAYBE BUD CAN CHIM IN?

Old 04-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by nooq
hey bud8817, i got a quick question maybe you know the answer bro. this is my setup below. i see you installed the AS coil spring spacer in the coil assembly to acheive another 1.5" lift. is that possible with my setup? its the pro comp stage 1 with the spacer. do you think my angles will be to bad, and do you think i have to get new front shocks? the shocks i got i believe are stockers, they are all black and look like standard shocks. what id like to do is to clear 37's. also, will suspension shops install this? or will they not combine this suspension setup together? thanks for any help bro. -Ryan

ya it will work i used half the daystar kit brought it to a tire shop the used a coil compresor cost me $45 for an hour of labor even though it took 5 min. haha but i know it was done right my angles rock they dont look bad at all. but the angles are way better then when i had a 2.5" spacer when it was stock. like wandell said use the part of the kit that goes on top of the coil dont use the part that bolts on top.... here is a picture of my angles and stuff!

Old 04-19-2007, 02:56 PM
o and your question about shocks.... you dont need new shock the stock ones are fine. but there is a different way you can go, which is you could get a longer shock (strut) for the front i know there are a few companys that do this instead of a leveling spacer. they are usually 2" to 2.5" kits which will cause much worse angles than a 1.5 spacer will. fitting those tire i think you should be fine i would do it. wandell does know a bit more about what tires you could possibly fit but i say go for it 37's will look great! you should create a sig for the site your truck is sick!

Last edited by bud8817; 04-19-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by bud8817
o and your question about shocks.... you dont need new shock the stock ones are fine. but there is a different way you can go, which is you could get a longer shock (strut) for the front i know there are a few companys that do this instead of a leveling spacer. they are usually 2" to 2.5" kits which will cause much worse angles than a 1.5 spacer will. fitting those tire i think you should be fine i would do it. wandell does know a bit more about what tires you could possibly fit but i say go for it 37's will look great! you should create a sig for the site your truck is sick!
thanks alot bud, i really appreciate your help man, what do you think i need in the rear to level the truck out with the front after i get that 1.5" spacer installed?

wandell, your thoughts on the wheel and tires clearing with that setup?

and how do you creat a sig, anyone?

Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 PM
thanks alot bud, i really appreciate your help man, what do you think i need in the rear to level the truck out with the front after i get that 1.5" spacer installed?

wandell, you got any vast knowledge ont clearing those wheels and tires? will the setup iam talking about pull it off?

Old 04-21-2007, 01:19 PM

i didnt have to put anything in the rear of my truck cause my truck sat noise down a little after the lift now with the spacer its about an inch higher in front.... i would wait untill after you put the spacer in to see if you need a AAL. if you want to make a sig. look at the top of the page where you sign your screen name in and password. after you sign in it tells you if you have any private mesagges in that spot. click on the thing that says private messages then go to edit signiture, when your done press the save signiture and bam you have a sig!

Quick Reply: Spacer Question???