Questions about Strait Axle Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about Strait Axle Conversion

I just have a few questions about doing a strait axle conversion. First, When doing a conversion do you have to change any of the 4wd out, like the transfer case or anything? Also If so what exactly do you have to change? I would expect the drive shaft and of course I know all the IFS has to come out. My buddy who owns a customs shop wants to do it to use in some shows and im just trying to understand exactly what all has to happen. Any info would be great,

Thanks
~Heath

Old 04-27-2007, 02:01 AM
You can keep the stock to case but u need to either get a high angle driveshaft or a indexing ring. You need to make up your mind if you want to go with coils, leafs, or coilovers. Since you are just going to use it for shows than i would keep the tcase but if it were me I get an atlas Tcase and be done with it. Mount it in place of the stock one and call up high angle driveline and get them to make you a awesome driveshaft with 1 ton ujoints. I am wanting to do a SAS on my 05 but I want to wait until my warranty is up. Ford should have made them come factory with a solid axle front end to begin with, or at least offer it as a option. Im going to go with dana 60s front and rear with an atlasII tcase.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by basadochi04
You can keep the stock to case but u need to either get a high angle driveshaft or a indexing ring. You need to make up your mind if you want to go with coils, leafs, or coilovers. Since you are just going to use it for shows than i would keep the tcase but if it were me I get an atlas Tcase and be done with it. Mount it in place of the stock one and call up high angle driveline and get them to make you a awesome driveshaft with 1 ton ujoints. I am wanting to do a SAS on my 05 but I want to wait until my warranty is up. Ford should have made them come factory with a solid axle front end to begin with, or at least offer it as a option. Im going to go with dana 60s front and rear with an atlasII tcase.
basadochi, what would the setup your talking about cost? And a place we could get em?

Quick Reply: Questions about Strait Axle Conversion