So why did you really lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So why did you really lift

Alright since the other thread is becoming a lifted 2WD vs 4WD debate I thought I'd give everyone the chance to truly say why they lifted their trucks. Lets keep this thread to simply saying why we lifted our trucks and not turn it into a flamewar. I'll start out;

I lifted my truck because I wanted a truck that looked better than stock. I lifted it because I knew this was a truck I was going to be keeping for a very long time and I wanted it to be and look how I always envisioned my truck looking. Most of all I did it because of all the lifted trucks I have seen both in person and on this site that just made me go

I did it because I wanted it to look badass and I think I accomplished that.

Now your turn.

Old 04-28-2007, 02:32 PM
i lifted cause i love the look of them and hate being low to the ground in a truck/suv. I also like to off road when i get the chance, so i wanted the capability.

and i plan to do some car/truck shows once i get a few more mods that i want fniished.

thats my reason.

Old 04-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Well, I have to agree with everything wxscpo wrote;
Originally Posted by wxscpo
I lifted my truck because I wanted a truck that looked better than stock. I lifted it because I knew this was a truck I was going to be keeping for a very long time and I wanted it to be and look how I always envisioned my truck looking. Most of all I did it because of all the lifted trucks I have seen both in person and on this site that just made me go
and add that I also wanted better performance off road as I do (admittedly not regularly) occasionally go through some rough country with it.

Old 04-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Where do I start

Well ever since I was about 11 years old my brother and his friends started a small 4x4 club for lifted 84-85 Chevy 1/2 tons, they were always coming over and going off-roading. I was always around lifted trucks and always wanted one, but my dad hated it. He always rode my brother a$$ and said all your going to do is ruin stuff. Well beng that he has been a mechanic for 30+ years thats was expected of him!! When I paid off my truck I was saving all this extra money and said to myself im going to make a dream come true. So without telling my dad I looked around on here for awhile and decided what to go with, whats he gonna do its my truck!!!. Well after I got it done I drove straight to his house and believe it or not he really like it, I was shocked!! But I figuered out his stipulation, If I wanted his help with anything under the hood, i have to take the front tires off and lower the front all the ways down! And everytime I have a new squeek or anything all he does is laugh and say I told you so!!!! Oh well.......

Now the only bad thing is even after I fullfilled a dream I only want to go bigger!!!! Im wanting to put a Straight Axle with leaf springs and take out the 6" and throw in a 10"

well there ya go,

~Heath

Old 04-28-2007, 02:52 PM
I didn't because it would make it more difficult to load the bike or anything in the bed. I'm not going to lower it because I like the stock ground clearance that allows me to go over ordinary curbs, etc.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:01 PM
I did it for the women.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
I did it for the women.
X2!!!!!!!! haha

Old 04-28-2007, 03:31 PM
I had spent over $7,000 on matco tools and I was eager to use them. I needed new tires, so I decided to throw on the lift and buy me new set of 35's. Made my truck look mean and all my girlfriends at the time use to get all wet driving it. Now my truck is getting older but the lift keeps it feeling new.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wanted to. No other reason is necessary.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
I did it for the women.
X3!!

Old 04-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Looks.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
X2!

Old 04-28-2007, 05:06 PM
I got my lift because of the looks, and I couldn't be happier....it turns heads everywhere I go.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:58 PM
If I remember right I said I did mods to get the girls and I think like 10 people jumped on saying its sad I mod my truck to get girls I cant do it alone and crap like that. Everyone else is saying it here so ill say it too, I live in AZ and girls love lifted trucks.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
I like Wandells quote.

The reason I'm lifting mine is, because it's FUN. There are millions of plain stock trucks out there that it's fun to be different and unique. Figuring out what wheel, tire and lift combination or engine or body mods is fun to do. I can't wait till mine is finished. My headers and exhaust were finished today and this week I'll finish putting on all the goodies I got from Troyer Perf.

After it's dyno'd (to see how many more horses my money collected), my lift will be installed.

And to me, thats what its all about,... driving around with my sh** eatin' GRIN.

Last edited by 06SoCalScrew; 04-28-2007 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply: So why did you really lift