stress with 9 inch lift?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007 | 04:23 PM
|
stress with 9 inch lift?

if i do a 6inch fabtech with 3 inch pa body lift am i gonna screw up my truck cause everyone keeps saying that over 8 inches and its really hard on the ifs. are the talking bout over 8 inches of all suspension? i use my truck as a daily driver so i dont want to worry to much thx.

Old 04-29-2007 | 05:26 PM
It's not so much the amount of lift as the size of the tires you run. As tire size increases, so does wear and tear. Also, how the truck is used plays a tremendous part in wear and tear. I'd rather buy a used "street queen" on 38's than a completely stock truck that is used and abused daily.

Old 04-29-2007 | 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
It's not so much the amount of lift as the size of the tires you run. As tire size increases, so does wear and tear. Also, how the truck is used plays a tremendous part in wear and tear. I'd rather buy a used "street queen" on 38's than a completely stock truck that is used and abused daily.
good point.... as long as you stay under 38" tires you should be fine plus if you go bigger then that you really look like your compensating!!! haha

Old 04-29-2007 | 08:26 PM
well tehcnically nothign is wrong with 6 inch suspension and 3 inch body. cause it also is only 6 inches of suspension lift and as the 3 othe rinches are on the body of the truck.....only 6 inches of "stresss" is going on the actualy IFS. i mean yes size and weight of tires play a big role in strewss and wear and tear. but saying there was a 6 inch body lift jsut for arguments sake.....if you had that instead of a 6 inch suspension lift and 35" tires....the stress and wear adn tear would be less with that body lift versus the suspension.

see what im saying?

Old 04-29-2007 | 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by patshea098
well tehcnically nothign is wrong with 6 inch suspension and 3 inch body. cause it also is only 6 inches of suspension lift and as the 3 othe rinches are on the body of the truck.....only 6 inches of "stresss" is going on the actualy IFS. i mean yes size and weight of tires play a big role in strewss and wear and tear. but saying there was a 6 inch body lift jsut for arguments sake.....if you had that instead of a 6 inch suspension lift and 35" tires....the stress and wear adn tear would be less with that body lift versus the suspension.

see what im saying?
........ not really alot of lift strengthen the weaker elments of the stock suspension so it can take the wear and tear of a bigger tire... i see what you mean if you were comparing a 6" lift to a 12" lift, but a 6" to stock is a different story. i would rather have a 6" suspension lift than a 6" body lift (if it existed) any day....

Last edited by bud8817; 04-29-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-29-2007 | 08:57 PM
o i know.....the whole 6 inch body was jsut syaing that body lift's wont add any wear and tear or stress to the IFS....the tire size will along with actually suspension lift.

i would never take a 6 inch body lift if it existed

Old 04-29-2007 | 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by patshea098
o i know.....the whole 6 inch body was jsut syaing that body lift's wont add any wear and tear or stress to the IFS....the tire size will along with actually suspension lift.

i know right. think about how funny it would look....

Old 04-30-2007 | 02:05 AM
X2

fordman164 if i do a 6inch fabtech with 3 inch pa body lift am i gonna screw up my truck cause everyone keeps saying that over 8 inches and its really hard on the ifs. are the talking bout over 8 inches of all suspension? i use my truck as a daily driver so i dont want to worry to much thx.
I have 6"SL and 3"BL, riddin on 38's and its my daily driver. It does become a little slugish, but what do you expect, right!! The 5.4 does a pretty good job and this is where a few upgrades come in handy! I wouldnt change it for the world, although when I lifted it(almost 3 months ago) gas prices were dropping, and now they are sky rocketing. Thats about the only thing that sucks!!!

Old 04-30-2007 | 09:53 AM
I have a friend that has that setup on 37 and loves it he sites as high as me and i have a 8in rize

Quick Reply: stress with 9 inch lift?