Question about leveling kit install

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007 | 09:51 PM
|
Question about leveling kit install

This weekend i'm going to get a leveling kit already installed on a set of shocks and springs. my question is, do i just need to unbolt the 3 top bolts and the one at the bottom of the old shock and spring assembly then pop the new ones in, or will there be more to it?? thanks ahead of time for your help.

Old 04-29-2007 | 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by 04xltdb
This weekend i'm going to get a leveling kit already installed on a set of shocks and springs. my question is, do i just need to unbolt the 3 top bolts and the one at the bottom of the old shock and spring assembly then pop the new ones in, or will there be more to it?? thanks ahead of time for your help.
If is an AS:
I am no expert, I had someone install mine. But thinking about it, it seems that you would have to follow the same steps as if you were installing it on your strut. The whole assembly needs to come down and out and to do that is more that removing 3 bolts.

Anyone else?

Old 04-29-2007 | 10:38 PM
Unfortunately it's not that easy. You will have to disconnect the lower sway bar link from the lower control arm, as well as disconnecting the upper ball joint fom the spindel. This isn't difficult to do, just not as easy as you thought.

Quick Reply: Question about leveling kit install