Skyjacker 3" lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyjacker 3" lift

Anybody heard of the new Skyjacker 3" lift for the 04-up F-150? Any thoughts or comments about it. Is it a good deal, or a waste?

I guess it gives 3" in the front with new coils and an add-a-leaf in the rear.

Anybody have any pictures with it installed?

Thanks,
Brian

Old 05-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I don't like the 3 inch Skyjacker lift. There have been a couple of members here and FTW that have had bad experiences with it. I believe the 3 inches of lift is just too much without dropdown brackets to correct suspension angles. 3 inches of lift puts the CV and ball joints at really sever angles. Plus I don't think it's worth the extra money over the cost of a 2.5 inch leveling kit just for another 1/2 inch of lift.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:57 PM
I was about to buy the 3" but then I stopped cuz of the big price difference from just a leveling kit. I ended up buying a 2.5" autospring leveling kit.

But there are people like wandell which do not suggest this kit and there are the people which have it and hate it or love it.
From all the research I have done on this website I heard that the only problem they have found are leaking shocks. But those will be repleced by skyjacker for free. They wanna prove that they have the best products out there.

Now I think that you should just go with the rancho 4" or a 6" pro comp or fabtech suspension lift. Once I got my as I only wanted to go higher.
4wheelonline.com has cheap 6" suspension. and if you get the rancho 4" you can keep the stock rim and tires SO that is good if you wanna save money

Marco

Old 05-03-2007, 09:22 AM
I ran the 3" for 70,000 plus miles, I really liked it. Search the forum for "3" SkyJacker" and you'll find a bunch of info. Now I'm running their 6" lift and like it even more. As someone mentioned, I had leaky shocks, they replaced them twice, no questions.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker 3" lift