Fabtech or Pro Comp

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How thick are the CV spacers and how thick is the driveshaft spacer?

Old 07-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by bud8817
first off get the fabtech much better kit.... if you want it higher put a AS leveling kit on top of the kit they only cost $100.... you might want to get a little bigger tire if you put the spacer on there it might look funny, or aleast a little wider of a tire.
why does everyone like fabtech sooooo much??? is it that good of a ride off-road or what.
i would like to know some info on how it rides and stuff

Old 07-12-2007, 01:54 AM
Why?

Why does everybody love fabtech so much? i had it on my last truck and it was the worst.
Someone fill me in with info on how it rides and stuff like that.
thanks.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:23 AM
once again. i have the pro comp kit and have no problems! Yes i am going to switch out the spacer with their coil-overs but the pro comp kit is a very well built kit and i would def. buy it again

Old 07-12-2007, 01:00 PM
I have the pro-comp kit and I like it a lot. Though I do wish now that I had sprung for the upgrade coilovers rather than the spacers. (at the time I wanted to keep the stock coilovers as I like the stock ride) All the parts were well made and went on with no more fuss than one would expect from such an operation.

In regard to mastacator's post; specifically the front differential and the way it's hung. Longitudinal stability comes from the front suspension, not the front axle. Regardless it is bolted directly to the rear crossmember into both the factory metal and the new piece (as can be seen here).

I see a lot of folks bash procomp on these forums, normally these are people that don't own procomp. I can tell you after having purchased and personally installed the kit that if I had to do it all over again, I'd buy procomp again.

Oh and btw, the procomp kit keeps the stock track width in the front. (yes, I measured it)

Old 07-12-2007, 01:31 PM
yes, nothing wrong with the pro-comp, when i was at only 6"s i pulled up next to my friend that had the 6" fabtech with the same wheel and tire setup and my truck sat higher than his fabtech.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:41 AM
Cuisi,

I wanted to send you a PM, but after I typed the message it said you can't receive them. Is there any other way I can contact you? Email?

Quick Reply: Fabtech or Pro Comp