Velvet Ride shackles/Sulastic Rubber springs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007 | 11:47 PM
|
Velvet Ride shackles/Sulastic Rubber springs?

Ever hear of or used them?? They are a rubber shackle that is supposed to soften the ride of trucks. About $300.00.

Whatayathink?????????

www.sulastic.com

Figgy

Old 05-08-2007 | 12:56 AM
last i heard, velvet rides were pulled from market for falling apart... NEAT idea if you can make it work.

Old 05-08-2007 | 07:48 PM
|
Thanks for the info klitch.

I wonder if these "sulastic rubber shackles" have taken their place. I had never heard of either of these before. The concept looks like it could have some merit. But not if they fall apart.

Anyone else have any experience with or info on?? How long ago were these popular if ever.

Figgy

Old 05-08-2007 | 11:04 PM
Global Moderator &
Never heard of them, the idea does not really appeal to me. I bought a truck, it rides pretty good for a truck. I like trucks.

Old 05-09-2007 | 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Never heard of them, the idea does not really appeal to me. I bought a truck, it rides pretty good for a truck. I like trucks.
if you had a truck that hops like you stuffed something up its azz you might look around at your options like i did

the sulastics look like the same concept, the rubber looks like it has some function with compared to the velvet ride's. i just dont quite trust it.

Old 05-09-2007 | 09:20 AM
|
Yes, many people have commented about how they bought a truck not a luxury car (blah blah), but they haven't ridden in MY truck with MY heavy duty suspensin and MY tires, shocks, etc.

I e-mailed the company and specifically asked if it would soften my ride and they just said that it had been a great answer for people looking for a softer ride and that they were sure I would feel a difference. I would feel better if I could talk to someone that has actually used them. $300 is a lot of money for what they are.

Thanks

Old 05-09-2007 | 02:24 PM
see i dont mind my stiff ride in the rear, i just dont appreciate it bucking up and down. actually it looks like each sides doing the see saw when i look at the bed when its hopping. what i mind is the fact i feel my leafs are inadequate in the articulation department.

Old 05-09-2007 | 03:45 PM
I don't think those shackles are designed to increase articulation, just take the jarring out. They are definitely not a "rotator" type shackle, if that is what you expect them to do. Can't swear to this, never seen them up close. They appear to be a shackle with a urethane torsion bar set up (think torsion trailer axles) to reduce minor impacts.

Old 05-10-2007 | 11:59 PM
|
Originally Posted by Bryndon
I don't think those shackles are designed to increase articulation, just take the jarring out. They are definitely not a "rotator" type shackle, if that is what you expect them to do. Can't swear to this, never seen them up close. They appear to be a shackle with a urethane torsion bar set up (think torsion trailer axles) to reduce minor impacts.
Exactly, thats what I thought. Wish I knew of someone who had actually used them.

Anyone????????????????????????

Old 05-16-2007 | 02:11 PM
Sulastic rubber springs

I have used them, on a 4x4 RAM 2500, Diesel, bumpy ride gone, stability on curves was improved. 300 bucks are worth it.

Quick Reply: Velvet Ride shackles/Sulastic Rubber springs?