Body Lift & Leveling Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Lift & Leveling Sequence

Ok, I am planning on doing a few mods this summer, some myself and some professionally. My mechanical skills are rather limited, so i'll stick to the seemingly easy stuff. I have an '04 Scab FX4. I am trying to plan out the sequence of events. Let me know if this makes sense

1. Westin Bull Bars (Will attempt to install myself)

2. Autospring Leveling (Want to wait until Bull Bars are installed to decide btwn 2" or 2.5" Leveling kit. As of now, my front is 2" lower than the back. Not sure how much the bull bars will pull down the front). I will be installing this myself.

3. Bushwacker Fender Flares (Will attempt to install myself)

3. 35" Tires (probably BFG AT's) and 17" wheels (probably procomp 8089 or motometal 951B)

4. 3" PA Body Lift (Professionally installed)

Several questions I have are if anyone has had experience with the install of the Westin Bull bars or the Bushwacker Fender flares and how difficult they are.

Also, I know at some point after doing the AS Leveling, I will need to get a front alignment. I've read on this post that it isn't too bad to drive a little (less than 1000 miles) prior to getting the alignment after the leveling. I would at minimum like to wait until i get the new tires to have the alignment done (not sure why). Is there any reason I should hold off until after having the Body Lift done to get the alignment?

Thanks for your advice!!

Old 05-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't go 1000 miles without an alignment. There is no reason to wait to get it alinged.

Quick Reply: Body Lift & Leveling Sequence