Leveling newbie.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007 | 01:53 PM
|
Leveling newbie.

Hi new to forum and done some searches. I have a new 07 F150 XLT and have wondering a few things about levelers.

What do they do? Just level the truck out so it looks level?

Do they effect the ride of the truck make it more stiff etc??

How do I know if I need leveling and if so how much? Is there measuring points etc and if so how and where?

Thanks looks like I found a good forum for my new toy.

Last edited by r1tony; 06-15-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2007 | 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by r1tony
Hi new to forum and done some searches. I have a new 07 F150 XLT and have wondering a few things about levelers.

What do they do? Just level the truck out so it looks level?
Yes that's exactly what they do. When these trucks leave the factory they sit lower in the front, adding a leveling kit up front will bring it up to sit level with the rear.

Do they effect the ride of the truck make it more stiff etc??
No. Before I did my lift I had a 2.5" leveling kit on my truck and had no changes to the ride of the truck.

How do I know if I need leveling and if so how much? Is there measuring points etc and if so how and where?
Does your front sit lower than the rear? If so you need a leveling kit to raise it. Most owners use either a 2" or 2.5" kit. Autospring seems to be the kit most widely used, but there are others out there. Just make sure you get one that sits on top of the coil because those are the easiest to install and you don't need a spring suppressor to install them.

Thanks looks like I found a good forum for my new toy.

Old 06-15-2007 | 02:25 PM
|
Good info thank you so much. I appreciate it.

My wallet doesn't

Quick Reply: Leveling newbie.