Rear Lift Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Lift Questions

So when it comes time to lift my truck, it'll be sitting about 5" higher in the front than it currently is, I'm going to lift the back another 2" higher than stock.

What would you recommend? I'm thinking some aftermarket shocks to go with a set of 2" blocks, like http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...0:09:21-571308
What kind of shocks would I need to go with these?

I have an 06, 2wd. I'm doing a Camburg UCA, with coilovers (said to raise it 2.5" in the front), I also am going to put a spacer in the front for another 2" so I can clear 35's. Good idea?

Thanks for any help.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Technical Article Contributor

you cant do that. the spacer and the coilovers together will give you 4.5" of lift without dropping your differential or extending your contrl arms. it cant be done, you wont have any suspension travel. go for a true suspension lift to keep all your angles straight.

some might tell you to put a spacer and a body lift. you can do this, but again your cv angles will be harsh and you'll have that frame sag from the body lift, not to mention it wont cost much less.

with a 2wd you cant fit 35s without a 6" lift.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. You can't run a leveling kit on top of adjustable coilovers. I'd go with a body lift.
Also, since you have a 4x2 you don't have CV joints, but your ball joint angles would be horrible, if you could even get it all bolted back together.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:00 AM
I'm just gonna do the coilovers, uca's, and upgraded shocks in the back, keeping the stock rear ride height.

Quick Reply: Rear Lift Questions