finally got my Screw lifted

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007 | 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by blkshdw
i was told that as long as i dont go bigger than 35's that the gears that i have should be able to handle them but was recommended but not required to change them....?
IMO, any change from stock diameter requires a gear change!

Old 09-28-2007 | 08:10 AM
you CAN run 35's without changing your gearing....but when you drive it, you will see why regearing is recommended- it sucks when you see some punk wiz past you in a Neon. I have a 5 speed, so I can get the RPM's up a little bit and it pulls fairly well, though still a bit slow.

I have to regear, but winters in CT require a lot of road salt, when I change my wheels back for winter, the lower gearing may be an issue.

Chrome will certainly pit if not cared for, but if you spend all that money on them, why not maintain them?

If they are peeling and its not due to neglect, then the chrome job is most likely faulty.

Thumper is right, polished wheels are a lot of work to keep up unless they are clear powder coated.

Old 09-28-2007 | 10:09 PM
Looks great!

Old 09-30-2007 | 11:36 PM
Polished wheels do look good. I had a set of MT classic 2 on my old truck.
Whatever you do! Do not go to long w/o polishing them. I did and it took m no lie 2 hours per wheel to repolish,and they were only 17's. i will definatley go w/ chrome next time around.

Old 10-01-2007 | 08:16 PM
|
well unfortunately for me, it was too late and my buddy already ordered them but he has another guy that does some fabulous work with powder coat and he said whenever i am ready he can clear powder coat them for about 85 per wheel so i guess that's the route i am going. I should have the wheels sometime this week but i am headed to chicago for the weekend so if i cant post pics before i leave then i will most certainly have them posted when i get back....

Old 10-01-2007 | 08:19 PM
|
Originally Posted by Les22
you CAN run 35's without changing your gearing....but when you drive it, you will see why regearing is recommended- it sucks when you see some punk wiz past you in a Neon. I have a 5 speed, so I can get the RPM's up a little bit and it pulls fairly well, though still a bit slow.

I have to regear, but winters in CT require a lot of road salt, when I change my wheels back for winter, the lower gearing may be an issue.

Chrome will certainly pit if not cared for, but if you spend all that money on them, why not maintain them?

If they are peeling and its not due to neglect, then the chrome job is most likely faulty.

Thumper is right, polished wheels are a lot of work to keep up unless they are clear powder coated.
now i lifted my truck by my self and some much needed help from my girl friend and a buddy, how hard is it to regear my truck myself, or is that something to leave to the pro's....?

Old 10-01-2007 | 08:38 PM
Suspended
I'd definitely leave that to the pros, it's not something you can do if you have no experience.

Old 10-02-2007 | 09:08 PM
|
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I'd definitely leave that to the pros, it's not something you can do if you have no experience.
that's what i figured i was gonna get told by everyone on the boards....lol

Quick Reply: finally got my Screw lifted