Cheapest Fabtech prices????

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007 | 01:38 PM
|
Cheapest Fabtech prices????

I just found the basic fabtech kit for 1606. Anyone know anyplace eselling it cheaper?
I hope Im making the right decision by spending about 400 more than the basic pro comp kit that i can get for about 1150. Ive read lots of posts on here and it seems that the fabtech is a little better built system. I dont know Ive never had either and not trying to start a war.
Just want to get the most for my money i guess. It will hardly ever get offroaded, and when it does, it will be at a VERY slow speed, so I know many are going to suggest the stage 2 and the Rize and CSt, but I really dont want to do overkill. I just want something to look good, and the occasional dirt road or trail in the woods at slow speed.
I ma looking at a used Rize that I posted on a few topics down, but if that d/n come through, then I guess I will go new on one of the 2 above or will take suggestions. Thanks again.

Old 12-17-2007 | 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by racefan15
I just found the basic fabtech kit for 1606. Anyone know anyplace eselling it cheaper?
I hope Im making the right decision by spending about 400 more than the basic pro comp kit that i can get for about 1150. Ive read lots of posts on here and it seems that the fabtech is a little better built system. I dont know Ive never had either and not trying to start a war.
Just want to get the most for my money i guess. It will hardly ever get offroaded, and when it does, it will be at a VERY slow speed, so I know many are going to suggest the stage 2 and the Rize and CSt, but I really dont want to do overkill. I just want something to look good, and the occasional dirt road or trail in the woods at slow speed.
I ma looking at a used Rize that I posted on a few topics down, but if that d/n come through, then I guess I will go new on one of the 2 above or will take suggestions. Thanks again.

From everything I've read, even the Pro Comp will take ALOT of abuse. If your just going to be going off-road rarely, and at slow speeds, save yourself $500.

I dont have either kit though, Opinion of someone who has just been researching and deciding himself.

Old 12-18-2007 | 12:05 AM
I have the 6" Fabtech, Had to have it re-torqued twice because it was squeeking, but that was the installers mess up. No complaints so far. Im in the same boat as you, bought mine for 99% looks. Ive gone off road only a very few times at slow speeds. I can say i probably abuse it more on the pavement then i ever would off road, I seem to find myself parking on the decorative parking lot islands, going over curbs and sometimes the occasional stairs.

Edit: I lied, i did get caught up in a ditch up in the snowy mountains and had to hammer on it a bit over some dead tree limbs and stumps, held up fine.

Last edited by Toyz; 12-18-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-18-2007 | 12:33 AM
im getting the basic fabtech kit for $1445 at PDC motorsports. but they are local to me so no shipping cost

Old 12-18-2007 | 08:22 AM
I don't have a lift yet either but I'm really really close to purchasing one. Been doing a lot of research and reading on this site. I found a company from Kansas called General Spring. Basic Fabtech 6" 4x4 kit for $1,600 including shipping. Info at: http://www.generalspringkc.com/lift_...150_04-06.html

I've also considered getting a basic pro-comp kit because I do little to no offroading (I live in Nebraska.....flat......nowhere to go offroad!!) to save some money and maybe upgrade down the road. Plus I really like the factory ride, and I'm not sure how different the ride would be with the Fabtech shocks vs. the factory suspension using a spacer from pro-comp. From what I have read either kit would meet my needs just fine.

Old 12-18-2007 | 11:37 AM
i would go with the superlift f.i.t kit..

Old 12-19-2007 | 05:52 PM
I have the Fabtech 6" lift and love it. It has taken some good abuse already and she is still new. And my price delivered for a 4x4 was just over $1400.

Oh and JD790. i highly recommend to you the Fabtech. The rear lift blocks from pro-Crap make you stack them on top of your factory lift blocks plus they are aluminum ! ! ! You can get the Fabtech Basic lift kit which does NOT replace your front or rear srpings. It will simply lift you up, give you factory like ride and keep all your angles (cv, uca) perfectly fine

Last edited by MercedesTech; 12-19-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-19-2007 | 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
I have the Fabtech 6" lift and love it. It has taken some good abuse already and she is still new. And my price delivered for a 4x4 was just over $1400.

Oh and JD790. i highly recommend to you the Fabtech. The rear lift blocks from pro-Crap make you stack them on top of your factory lift blocks plus they are aluminum ! ! ! You can get the Fabtech Basic lift kit which does NOT replace your front or rear srpings. It will simply lift you up, give you factory like ride and keep all your angles (cv, uca) perfectly fine
Yes, I have done lots of reasearch and prefer the Fabtech. Where did you get it for just over $1,400?? Is that for a 4x4??

Old 12-19-2007 | 06:27 PM
yup its for a 4x4 (see sticker in sig pic), and I got it thru Josh @ Sportztrailers.com . very cool guy and is even a member on this site (owns his own F150). Tell him you are a member here and he will help you out BIG time. He has done numerous favors for me and gone WAY out of his way. Call him directly at
1-866-922-0093 ext 106 . Let him know I sent him your way

P.S. Glad you are going with Fabtech. you will be MUCH happier (from what I have read). And Josh's name on the site is Crash Lucky13 (or similiar)

Old 12-23-2007 | 02:01 AM
lol better hurry though because Josh isn't going to be working there much longer.... jan 4th is my last day and i'm on vacation boarding in the rocky mountains....

merc tech...hadn't talked to ya in awhile... guess we came up with a decision lol

Quick Reply: Cheapest Fabtech prices????