Scrap IFS

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008 | 08:52 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by keith_bennett
I offered $700 for the lift alone and he acted like tat price offered wasnt near enough. He is basically gonna rip you off, unless he stars thinking logically. A new lift is no more than $1500, so why would anyone pay more than $1000 for a used lift.
He's crazy, that's more than fair.

Old 01-02-2008 | 02:57 AM
wow ok.

the 9.75 is basically a d60 already, build it up and use it. d60 tubes are thicker than your 9.75 and i think the shafts may be stronger.

the d44 should handle mild-moderate wheeling, besides your trucks too tall/heavy to do anything that would require a 60 without the possibility of ruining your truck. your probably gonna have to clock the t-case and reset your pinion angle in the rear. make sure thats done CORRECT the first time. i'll think of more comments later.

Old 01-02-2008 | 03:05 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
He's crazy, that's more than fair.
In an email he sent me, he blabbed on about how it was the best lift for our trucks and he payed $5900for it. When i said $700, he said he wasnt letting it go "cheap". After i told him i could have one bought and installed for $2000, he hasnt emailed me or contacted me since. Its got 60k miles on it.

Old 01-02-2008 | 03:25 AM
ok well if he bought it for 5900 he got ripped off huge and is probably factoring in tires and wheels in that price....still way too much. National tire and wheel sells the lift for just over 1300...but truckperformance.com has a price match dealio on their site and they will beat the national tire and wheel price with a price of 1288 plus shipping and handling fees. Either one is a good deal, otherwise you will be spending roughly 1600-1700 for the kit from anywhere else.
The lift kit 97on37s is trying to sell is used equallying major price drop.....but comes with wheels and tires which is a plus....but also they are used. so dont be expecting to get a lot of money for this stuff unless you find the right buyer who doesnt know what hes looking at. id say youd be lucky to get a grand max for everything. sounds like a rip off to you but that how everything is...once its used or even just installed and taken off say goodbye to getting any decent money back out of it. think of it as a brand new car...buy it for tons of money,....drive it off the lot....not worth half the price anymore.

Old 01-02-2008 | 08:30 AM
^^^they are right. youre not gonna get much more than that for your lift cuz its used. i would take the offer while someone is tryin to buy it so you dont just have it sittin

Old 01-02-2008 | 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by doitonall4s
ok well if he bought it for 5900 he got ripped off huge and is probably factoring in tires and wheels in that price....still way too much. National tire and wheel sells the lift for just over 1300...but truckperformance.com has a price match dealio on their site and they will beat the national tire and wheel price with a price of 1288 plus shipping and handling fees. Either one is a good deal, otherwise you will be spending roughly 1600-1700 for the kit from anywhere else.
The lift kit 97on37s is trying to sell is used equallying major price drop.....but comes with wheels and tires which is a plus....but also they are used. so dont be expecting to get a lot of money for this stuff unless you find the right buyer who doesnt know what hes looking at. id say youd be lucky to get a grand max for everything. sounds like a rip off to you but that how everything is...once its used or even just installed and taken off say goodbye to getting any decent money back out of it. think of it as a brand new car...buy it for tons of money,....drive it off the lot....not worth half the price anymore.
I only offered $700 for the lift alone, and it doesnt come with tires....only wheels,.

Old 01-02-2008 | 01:47 PM
also, if you build the 44 right you can do a substantial amount of abuse to it.
the yota crowd uses them and upgrades them (they dont ***** foot) with some neat knuckles.

Quick Reply: Scrap IFS