Another with front end clunk...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007 | 09:40 PM
|
Another with front end clunk...

My '07 F150 FX2 (4x2) only has 1450 miles on it. Lately I've noticed that when pulling in and out of parking spaces or when making low speed turns (like turning onto a my driveway over the bump) there is a clunk in the front end. Not always, but when it happens it is noticeable. I've searched and read many similar threads on this on the forums here and never could figure out what the problem is with this almost new truck. Obviously after the holiday I will be taking it into the dealer but I'm hoping it's nothing serious or life-threatening like a tie rod end breaking or anything in the meantime. The truck feels fine and drives great on the road at normal speeds so I guess it's nothing too serious. I've checked all the lug nuts and crawled under the truck trying to move things like the tie rods, sway bar, and wheels and everything seems tight. I even jacked it up and removed both front wheels/tires to make sure the brake pads were secure. While it was jacked up I tried to wiggle the front end around to see if it was maybe a loose wheel bearing but it also feels tight.

Have any of you all that have had this problem found out what the final verdict is?

Quick Reply: Another with front end clunk...