6" Fabtech with 2" spacer

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" Fabtech with 2" spacer

Ok after reading alot on here i have decided not to do the pro comp and go
with the fabtech stage 1. So if i stack a 2" spacer up front and do the 2" add
a leaf in the back i should go with the 5" pro comp block correct?? Now the other question is will i or should i do a drive shaft spacer and am i going to have any brake line issues ??? Any help would be great !! Thanks !

Old 01-21-2008, 12:18 PM
you wont want the pro-crap rear blocks. They do not have bump stops and are aluminum. Fabtech makes quality steel rear lift blocks and in two sizes 3" and 5". Sounds like the 5" rear lift block is the way you want to go. When you place your order, some people will allow you to swap out the 3" for the 5"
The driveshaft spacer comes in the Fabtech lift kit. Its already in there, yes you definately should install it. When your installing the lift, follow instructions and you'll be fine. Any questions during install just post em up here. Brake lines will be fine, you will have the parts you need in the kit, and you will have to do some minor bending. Its super easy and I did all my bending with my hand really carefully. When your ready to place your order, let me know. I know a guy who sells em cheap.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks Mercedes tech just trying to make sure i have all my ducks in a row.
And oops on the blocks i meant fabtech don't know what i was thinking. This whole lift thing has been a big decision.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:10 PM
No worries man, thats what the site is for! and heck ya its a big decision. We are talking thousands of $$$ being put into a $40k peice of equipment. Its a good thing you are taking your time and doing your research. Too many times do people just jump the gun and have regrets farther down the road. Your being smart, thats good. So you know which wheels/tires your wanting ?
and any other questions, well, feel free to ask !

Old 01-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Yeah definitely go with the Fabtech 5" block for the rear, I have one in my truck. I'm leaning towards adding the 2" leveling kit on top of my Fabtech lift as well because my rear end actually sits up slightly higher than the front end. Will be interested in seeing some pics of your truck when you're done with it.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:47 PM
good thread...

i have a question.. what are the negatives about installing your self rather than a shop doing it.. i mean is there anything that i will be missing?.. any steps that i wont be able to accomplish (i work at advance auto parts and good with a wrench)?.. besides the alignment, and just re-torque everything after whatever it shows on the instructions...

but basically... my question is.. is there anythign that a shop will do that i wont be able to?.. (besides alignment)

-BFDM

Old 01-21-2008, 06:50 PM
nope... the only thing I can think of is that if they really mess something up, they can hide it from you and you would never know vs. you doing it, seeing the mistake, being frustrated with it, then having to fix it.

I always vote for someone to do it themselves. It gets you a little "closer" to your rig. I really can't think of anything that you wont be able to do. Might need a buddy to help drop and then re-install the front dif. Plus it will save you a good chunk of change and you will know with certainty that no one f*cked up your truck. If you decide to do it yourself, feel free to ask as many questions as you need and I will try to asnwer ya in a timely manner.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:57 PM
oo ok.. cool.. ya.. i never let anyone touch my car.. (the truck in the sig was my old truck, sold it for a mustang gt in march last year.. and tryin to get back into a f150 in around 6 months..) but ya i never let anyone touch my car, wether its oil, installs, anything.. back when i put wheels on the car, i was workin at discount tire, and i did it all and told the guys that i worked with not to touch anything.. and same with the intake, tune, cutouts.. alll that stuff (cept the welding).. but also with the truck.. when i leveled it, and put the stuff that i put on that one..

but im glad you say there there would be nothing that i couldnt do.. that you can think of atleast.. deff saves so money.. pays for some of the cost of the wheels and tires thats for sure..

one last question.. is there anything you have to do with the steeing?

Old 01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
no there is no mods you have to do for the steering. Fabtech gives you everything you will need for the install. Although, I am thinking I will be buying some Steering stabalizers to cut down on some of the wheel vibrations I have. They are VERY slight and pretty much its just humming to my tires, but the stabalizers should get rid of that. Oh, and during your install, make sure you have a grinder and cutting wheel. Both will help. You will need to make some cuts on the front cross member and you may need to cut the E-brake braket (depending on model) You will also need to grin down a small notch in the front driveshaft and "re-clock" it. It all really easy and sounds way harder then it actually is.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:30 PM
I just checked on the block from truck add ons and they said they can't swap the 3" for 5" so i gotta see where else i can go. The block from them is like 250.00.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by wxscpo
Yeah definitely go with the Fabtech 5" block for the rear, I have one in my truck. I'm leaning towards adding the 2" leveling kit on top of my Fabtech lift as well because my rear end actually sits up slightly higher than the front end. Will be interested in seeing some pics of your truck when you're done with it.
I Agree

wxscpo- We got our lifts about the same time ,how is your holding up? I had AS2.5" Ride was to rough. I`m Also leaning for the 2" . Hopefully the ride won`t be as rough.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:28 AM
so you decieded aginst pro comp ,but your talking about stacking blocks thats even worse than the lift you decieded aginst , also fabtech will cause you front whells to stick out almost 2 inches so choose your backspacing carefully...

Old 01-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by clar
so you decieded aginst pro comp ,but your talking about stacking blocks thats even worse than the lift you decieded aginst , also fabtech will cause you front whells to stick out almost 2 inches so choose your backspacing carefully...
who is talking about stackin blocks ? ?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Yeah don't be stacking them blocks big no-no. I did find a good price on the 5" blocks and i hate to say where but 4 wheel online. But hey mercedes did
you say that you can get a good deal on the fabtech 6" ??? Lol i am only 1 more w2 away from gettin my money back that Uncle Sam owes me so i should be gettin my lift stuff soon.

Last edited by bullitt5244; 01-22-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Ya I know a guy who can help us F150 guys out. i got mine delivered for under $1400 basic Fabtech 6" lift with the 3" lift block in the back. If you want to know more, or when your ready just e-mail me and I will help you out.

Euroauto@sonic.net

And I don't think anyone mentioned anything about stackin blocks. I think Clar might of been a tad confused.

Quick Reply: 6" Fabtech with 2" spacer