3 inch leveling kit install

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 inch leveling kit install

just installed my new 3 inch leveling kit last nite i measured from the ground to the fender the back is a 1/2 inch lower i want to ethier find a 3 inch block to replace the stock 2 incher or find a 1 inch i called 4 wheel parts and they got nothing so hope you guys can help thanks .

Old 01-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by bluebeast06
just installed my new 3 inch leveling kit last nite i measured from the ground to the fender the back is a 1/2 inch lower i want to ethier find a 3 inch block to replace the stock 2 incher or find a 1 inch i called 4 wheel parts and they got nothing so hope you guys can help thanks .
By finding a 1" I hope you don't mean you plan to stack the blocks. That's a big no-no.

You may wanna look into a shim kit. You can put 4 shims with the block to get an extra inch.

I know that Autospring carries a 3" block but its a bit pricey. I'm sure Fabtech or another manufacturer would carry 3" blocks.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:25 AM
i may have to stack them i have seen it done no big deal, the problem is i cant find anyone that sells shim kit or the smaller blocks becasue i know i dont want to pay a $100 for a metal block.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:02 PM
you can call 4wp and they will sell you a shim kit for $30 or i have a 2.5 inch block for sale never been used

Old 01-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Stackin blocks IS a big deal. You have seen it done? That makes it ok ?

Trust me bud, its unsafe and horrible for the axle. It causes lateral movement and axle wrap/hop . All bad, why risk it ? Fabtech does sell a 3" block and I have seena number of em on E-bay or in the classifieds. You could also get a 1.5" AAL giving you some extra load carrying capacity but will sligthly stiffen up the ride. Some people say they can't feel it, and others say it makes it bad. The shim kit is another option... not a route i would go but its out there (thats personal opinion).

Any chance we could see a pic from the front ? Perhaps showing your CV angles and a pic of the Upper Control Arm angle ? ?

Old 01-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Stackin blocks IS a big deal. You have seen it done? That makes it ok ?

Trust me bud, its unsafe and horrible for the axle. It causes lateral movement and axle wrap/hop . All bad, why risk it ? Fabtech does sell a 3" block and I have seena number of em on E-bay or in the classifieds. You could also get a 1.5" AAL giving you some extra load carrying capacity but will sligthly stiffen up the ride. Some people say they can't feel it, and others say it makes it bad. The shim kit is another option... not a route i would go but its out there (thats personal opinion).

Any chance we could see a pic from the front ? Perhaps showing your CV angles and a pic of the Upper Control Arm angle ? ?

I agree it is a bad idea to stack them but I have always done it and never had a prblem but know plenty of friends that have.Worst case was when my buddy was driving down the road and one of the blocks cracked and popped out and the axle twisted forward and took out his whole box side and then the truck rolled over on its side.But for some reason ,I will still stack them if I have too.Kinda like smoking,you know its a bad idea but you do it anyway.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Forgot to add the stupidest thing I did with stacking was stacked a 6in lift block on top of a 4in and drove it down the road that way.What the hell was I thinking?

Old 01-30-2008, 05:48 PM
ten inches worth of block ? ? Good god man! Sure woulda loved to see that one! Musta just looked odd ! Well, as long as you know its not all that safe... and your willing to risk your rig, then I guess go for it. But there are better choices for your truck.

Quick Reply: 3 inch leveling kit install