35's with 3 inch body

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008 | 06:24 AM
|
35's with 3 inch body

Hi, thanks to you guys, I finally got my 3 inch body installed on my 2000ext cab. I was gonna take it to the tire place to have my 35's put on today however some people were questioning whether it was enough lift to fit the tires. I noticed Jk007 had the same setup... j/w if it would fit or not. thanks

Old 01-28-2008 | 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by tmccain
Hi, thanks to you guys, I finally got my 3 inch body installed on my 2000ext cab. I was gonna take it to the tire place to have my 35's put on today however some people were questioning whether it was enough lift to fit the tires. I noticed Jk007 had the same setup... j/w if it would fit or not. thanks
Yeah it will. Keith has one too. You might need to do a little trimming but it will fit! Take some pics!!!

Old 01-28-2008 | 10:43 AM
crank those torsion bars! it will help out! but you should be fine just some minor triming of the from valance!

Old 01-28-2008 | 10:52 AM
It'll fit. A few things to make sure they fit that I did:

1. I removed the black plastic guard (don't know what it's called) underneath the lower air valance. It is about 2-3" thick. Some people leave their's on and trim it. I just took mine off so you could see the skid plate better. It also gives the illusion of the front end sitting a little higher. Here's a shot:

2. I cranked the front torsion bars just enough to clear clear the 35's, about 1" worth. I didn't crank them up so it sits totally level, because I wanted to reduce wear and tear. Hence, removing step 1 to give the appearance of a more leveled look.

3. I drilled a couple of holes in the gap gaurds and used black zip ties to pull them as close to the frame as possible.

This eliminated all rubbing, even at full lock I would double check and make sure that the backspacing and everything will work with whatever rims and tires you chose, but that's over my head. Other members should be able to help you out though. Post some pics when she's all done.

Old 01-28-2008 | 12:51 PM
You will be fine.

Quick Reply: 35's with 3 inch body