T bar lift with body lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008 | 12:56 AM
KB we need to get a "sticky" on why not to use after market torsion keys... ive told like 3-4 people just this week not to use them! haha

Old 01-30-2008 | 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
KB we need to get a "sticky" on why not to use after market torsion keys... ive told like 3-4 people just this week not to use them! haha
x2 - A sticky is a great idea IMO...

Old 01-30-2008 | 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by keith_bennett
Im glad you know which motor you have, now lets talk about the torsion keys. The aftermarket keys will put way to much preload on the torsion bars. Causing premature wear, that you wouldnt have if you crank your oem keys.
This is only true if you over crank them.If you install the aftermarket keys and set them at the stock location then it would be the same as cranking your stock keys all the way.Intalling the aftermarkets in the stock location is suppose to give you the 2.5in of lift but people install them and then crank them up and thats what screws the front ends up.The point of the aftermarkets is to avoid having to crank your stockers up all the way and risk snapping the bolts.I've seen it happen before when offroading.I was lucky and never snapped my bolts with my stopckers cranked up.

Old 01-30-2008 | 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by chapdog
This is only true if you over crank them.If you install the aftermarket keys and set them at the stock location then it would be the same as cranking your stock keys all the way.Intalling the aftermarkets in the stock location is suppose to give you the 2.5in of lift but people install them and then crank them up and thats what screws the front ends up.The point of the aftermarkets is to avoid having to crank your stockers up all the way and risk snapping the bolts.I've seen it happen before when offroading.I was lucky and never snapped my bolts with my stopckers cranked up.
thats why we say "do not crank your stock bolts to the top" you will have alot of problems with them if your crank them all the way! if you crank them like mine 2-3 complete turns from the top you wont have any problems. so why spend money on these keys when you are perfectly fine cranking you stockers (dont crank them all the way) that is the only way you are going to break the bolt is if you crank them all the way to the top! ive seen them break also and in every situation they are turned to the top. figured id point that out!

Old 01-30-2008 | 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
thats why we say "do not crank your stock bolts to the top" you will have alot of problems with them if your crank them all the way! if you crank them like mine 2-3 complete turns from the top you wont have any problems. so why spend money on these keys when you are perfectly fine cranking you stockers (dont crank them all the way) that is the only way you are going to break the bolt is if you crank them all the way to the top! ive seen them break also and in every situation they are turned to the top. figured id point that out!
I couldn't get 2.5inches of lift on mine by cranking them a couple turns.Mine required them to be cranked all the way and so did the new 7700 bars I installed.

Old 01-30-2008 | 04:58 PM
Your right though,if you could get that much lift with a couple full turns then I wouldn't waist money on the aftermarkets either but I couldn't.Maybe the OP can?

Old 01-30-2008 | 10:21 PM
Increasing torsion bar preload it the same, whether you crank up the stock keys or use aftermarket keys. The only difference is the aftermarket keys will cost a hundred bucks or so.

Quick Reply: T bar lift with body lift