which fabtech lift?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:06 PM
|
which fabtech lift?

i am shopping for a 6 inch fabtech lift and i see 2 kits.one is 2000 and the other is 2600 which one should i go with i have a 2wd.the descriptions are the same and those prices are with dirt logic shocks i believe.so whats the difference in these 2 kits other than price?

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:57 PM
I believe one comes with the standard Fabtech coilover shocks and the other comes with the Dirt Logic coilovers. It could be you are looking at a lift for a 4x4 and one for a 4x2 truck.

Old 02-05-2008 | 11:39 PM
|
would the standard coil overs be fine for my application?since im doing the add a leaf and spacer?also i decided on 20 inch xd series hoss 20x9 with 37 13.50r20.i keep going back and forth between 20 and 22 but i think the end result is 20s.i have more options with 20s.im sorry if im getting agravating with the questions.

Old 02-05-2008 | 11:53 PM
The "standard" coild over or the Basic lift gives you a new shock, and new spring seat, but makes you re-use your stock springs.
The DL gives you an all new coil over with new spring, and shock. They are also adjustable and allow you to add an xtra 2" or so, if you want.
Personally I am running the Fabtech basic 6" lift and its holding up fine. I am 4x4 and have already abused it pretty good quite a few times. So far, no problems.
Also, those price are CRAZY high, even for 4x4. Wait til tomorrow and I can give you a contact that can get them for ya pretty dam cheap. (my basic lift for a 4x4 was under $1400.... yours will be a lot less since your a 4x2, right?)

Old 02-05-2008 | 11:57 PM
|
definetely let me know i would like to have all new stuff so ill go with the good kit.

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:25 AM
italiano: E-mail me @ Euroauto@sonic.net

Old 02-06-2008 | 01:24 PM
Price

Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Also, those price are CRAZY high, even for 4x4. Wait til tomorrow and I can give you a contact that can get them for ya pretty dam cheap. (my basic lift for a 4x4 was under $1400.... yours will be a lot less since your a 4x2, right?)
MercedesTech has an awsome hook up!! Best price!

Old 02-06-2008 | 01:37 PM
Mercedes Tech?

Can you help me out on a Fabtech 6"? Your truck looks great and I assume that this is the same kit you have on yours? Do you have different shocks on?

Thanks.

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:43 PM
Ya I can point ya in the right direction. There is another guy on the site, his name is Josh (Crash Luck13) and he will be able to help you out. He is the one who got me all my GREAT deals on anything for my (and my buddies) trucks.
Thanks for the compliments, and yes I am running the Fabtech 6" basic lift kit. Its a good kit and holding up fine. Reason i went this way, was because no matter what kit you order, your getting shocks (i couldn't take those out of the kit) and I plan on running Sway-A-Way coil overs up front, so I went with the cheaper shocks, so I could abuse them until I feel I got my money outta them and I can buy better ones.
If I were to change one thing about the route I went, it would be the rear shocks. The fronts are pretty good quality for being the "cheaper" shock. They have taken abuse like champs, no complaints. The rears, however, SUCK. They don't give a very good ride and are just not what I want. If I were you, I would buy the basic 6" lift but swap out the basic rear shocks for the Dirt Logic rear shocks. They are MUCH better. That way you dont have to pay the hefty price for the front DL's (if you don't want to).
I'll shoot ya an e-mail back with his contact info. Any more questions, feel free bud.

Old 02-07-2008 | 03:27 AM
I'm a 2WD owner with the basic Fabtech 6" lift and am totally happy with it. Makre sure you order the 5" block because the 2WD kits only come wiht a 2" block and that's nowhere near tall enough, it'll leave you nose high. The 5" block levels you out pretty good, leaves the back slightly higher, but not noticable at all.

Old 02-08-2008 | 01:14 PM
Hey mercedes can I get that link for the 6" lift. Thats a great deal I was wondering if you would hook me up with this great deal.

Old 02-08-2008 | 02:00 PM
Of course man, the guys name is Josh. He is a member on this site by the name of Crash Lucky13. He can hook you up with some dam good deals IMO. He can help out with just about every part on our trucks.

This link should bring you to his profile. Send him an E-mail using the links on there. let him know your a member of this site, and tell him I sent you over his way.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/members/81799-crash_lucky13.html

Old 02-08-2008 | 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Of course man, the guys name is Josh. He is a member on this site by the name of Crash Lucky13. He can hook you up with some dam good deals IMO. He can help out with just about every part on our trucks.

This link should bring you to his profile. Send him an E-mail using the links on there. let him know your a member of this site, and tell him I sent you over his way.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/members/81799-crash_lucky13.html
my trucks got the same size tires as you now mercedes and 1 step closer to our trucks looking identical LOL

Old 02-08-2008 | 04:04 PM
trucks looking good russ ! When you get the fender flares ? I really like em, have been debating on them for my truck and just wasn't sure how it would look. I like it. You put em on ? A PITA ? And need some more pics man ! Lets see these new tires !

Love the "stuck truck" pic ! My truck looked just like that last weekend.

Quick Reply: which fabtech lift?