update: fabetech lift is in, but.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008 | 10:38 PM
|
so mhockey9090, i see your installed list. can you give me an evaluation on your skyjacker and afe cold air intake? are you happy or do you have regrets on these installs

Old 02-09-2008 | 10:43 PM
you may said and i didn't see it, but who did you order from? so we all will know in the future! hate your having troubles!

Old 02-09-2008 | 10:46 PM
Their site shows the regular and coilover categories for the fabtech lifts for our trucks, so their website has it right:

http://4wheelonline.com/Categories.a...tegoryId=26035

The problem was the person you talked to on the phone must not have had a clue. Since you know the name of the person who misled you I'd throw a fit if they try to tack on a restocking fee. Tell them their employee mis-represented the product to you.

Old 02-09-2008 | 10:49 PM
i bought the truck lifted and have not had ne problems with the suspension and i love it and skyjacker seems to be a great product and did great offroading when i went..... the cold air intake did not really give me the added gas mileage for some reason i have no idea (so now i know i wont be getting that on my next truck but its still a great product didnt lose ne thing by getting it)but stayed the same and i could deff tell a diff in hp even tho it added like 17 or 20 idk but picks up great off the line and is even better when going 30mph then hitting on it and love it..... i dont have any regrets beside the fact that i want a higher truck haha so that why im adding a body lift and putting 37s that came with the truck to wear those out and get bigger tires than those.... but have no regrets and love everything about my truck and im sure u will like yours too when you finally get that suspension thrown on there

heres how i did when i went off roading:

Last edited by mhockey9090; 02-09-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-09-2008 | 11:22 PM
|
duece212, if you look at the regular category, the second kit say with dirt logic shocks. thats why i called. and they said dirt logics front and rear. i then called again and talked to the same guy, asked again, and he said, yes. dirt logics front and rear.
so i ordered it.

their ad is misleading and their salesman was wrong. why should i suffer?

they didnt even know our trucks could get the dirt logic front upgrade, for pete's sake!! they started to say the dirt logic upgrade didnt exist. thats pure incompetance!!

Old 02-09-2008 | 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by *FX4TEXASGIRL*
duece212, if you look at the regular category, the second kit say with dirt logic shocks. thats why i called. and they said dirt logics front and rear. i then called again and talked to the same guy, asked again, and he said, yes. dirt logics front and rear.
so i ordered it.

their ad is misleading and their salesman was wrong. why should i suffer?

they didnt even know our trucks could get the dirt logic front upgrade, for pete's sake!! they started to say the dirt logic upgrade didnt exist. thats pure incompetance!!
Unfortunately you can get the regular kit with dirt logics, its just not the front coilovers with that kit

Their separate "coilover" category under fabtech has the coil over dirt logic setup you were looking for, and the salesman didn't know about. They shouldn't have people answering phones for them that don't even know the product they carry/offer. I'm suprised a salesman didn't try to upsell you to the coilover kit.

Hopefully they take it back with no restocking fee's. If they didn't mention that on the phone hopefully they won't push it on you. If they do you can always send it back and do a chargeback on your bank card claiming they sent you the wrong stuff.

Old 02-10-2008 | 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by *FX4TEXASGIRL*
check card? why?
If it was a credit card you can request no payment to the seller. Credit card people will send you a form to fill out asking why. But one also gets sent to the seller. I don`t know if this applies for internet purchases.

I don`t know about Check card policies .But its still a MC/Visa.

Hope this help

Old 02-11-2008 | 01:53 PM
I would call them back, tell them who you talked to and that he LIED to you. Tell him, after you spoke with a couple different attorney's they said this is a very illegal practice. Tell them you just want you money back (all of it) with no fees. Tell them you will send ALL their crap back and be done with it, or the next step will be legal action. That will usually get people to listen.

Next step... I would order from Josh. No one will beat his price, if someone does, there is something wrong (like no DL's !). Plus, he knows about our trucks and whats going on, so you can ask him questions and actually get very knowledgeable answers.
Sorry to hear this happened to you, it is a real shame. Good luck to you, keep us posted.

Old 02-11-2008 | 06:26 PM
|
i should have just gone with you mercedes. i didnt because he said it came with the dl front and rear. after some more research i realized that was an awesome deal. too awesome to be true!! thanks for all the help. i will be in touch, as soon as i get my money back.

does that "mean customer" thing really work?

Old 02-11-2008 | 06:30 PM
dont be mean, just sturn. Tell them you have already spoken with an attorney about what can be done, and if they are not willing to help, legal action is your next step to "better protect yourself". Trust me, that one usually gets their attention ! Law suits hurt ANY business.

Old 02-11-2008 | 08:11 PM
you might want to also look into simply returning the box with front shocks. That would be a more peaceful solution for the distributor, and show that you just want the wrong to be corrected.

Old 02-11-2008 | 08:52 PM
|
tnsilverfx4- i suggested them sending me the front dl. the salesman suggested that upgrade is 1,000 more! they go from not knowing about the upgrade and telling me i will get the front dl, to "looking it up" and finding out that the dl are way more. i trusted their words. their mission statement on their site goes on about knowledge and custer satisfaction, this n that..bla bla... BS!

the "manager" said they will be expensive. like i said, it didnt take much for them to volunteer a refund, like they dont want to mess with it or something.

dont the front regular shocks have to stay together as a kit?

Old 02-14-2008 | 08:57 AM
If it were me I think Id call a manager at Fabtech....number must be east ot find online. Id tell them your situation. I bet $wp is one of their bigger distributors and hopefully will just send you what you need, or at least make the dealer do the right thing....Worth a shot, doesnt seem like you are getting anywhere with the dealer....Ive heard lots of bad things about them,,,dont think ill be ordering from them anytime soon either.

Old 02-14-2008 | 09:31 AM
Ya $1987.00 was for the basic DL not the coilovers. you should have clicked on the 2nd category that said coilover system and would have seen the differece in price.

Old 02-14-2008 | 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by racefan15
If it were me I think Id call a manager at Fabtech....number must be east ot find online. Id tell them your situation. I bet $wp is one of their bigger distributors and hopefully will just send you what you need, or at least make the dealer do the right thing....Worth a shot, doesnt seem like you are getting anywhere with the dealer....Ive heard lots of bad things about them,,,dont think ill be ordering from them anytime soon either.
I believe she said 4wheelonline, not 4wheelparts, but they rip people off too

Quick Reply: update: fabetech lift is in, but.......