Suspension finally done (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008 | 03:33 AM
Truck looks great! I want to add a leveling kit and AAL on my truck as well to lift it a little more, but gonna have to wait until I leave Hawaii, they have stupid height laws out here.

Old 04-02-2008 | 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by wandell
Sweet!

Old 04-02-2008 | 08:12 AM
|
Thanks again for everyones comments. To answer some of thew questions,

-The tires are ProComp Xtreme A/T's and are 35/12.50/18s.
-No, I did not have to add the extra 2" of lift to accomodate them, I just wanted ot be a little taller than most ppl in my area with the 6" lifts.
-and I noticed too that the left side pic of the truck facing away from the ocean looks a little lower in back. I havnt measured yet because on level ground it looks about perfect. Ill have to check for sure this weekend and get back to you. If anything maybe 1/2" less in back.
-and I think lastly,,,I dindt really notice much of a loss of power at all. Im sure there is a little, but with gas at over 3$ a gallon since I have owned it, I have never really gotten on it before or after the lift yet. But Id still say pretty comparable. I have noticed however that the electronic mileage estimator went from 14 mpg in town down to 12 mpg in town after lift and tires. Not sure if that is accurate, or just because the new diameter is throwing off the computer. I wouldnt mind gaining some mpg back with a CAI, programmer, and exhaust in the next few months though.

Old 04-02-2008 | 09:53 AM
Hey buddy,

glad to see how things turned out. Does that Steer stabilizer make a nice difference? I didnt install one originally, but bump steer is kickin my butt and I am really starting to look at one of those.

Old 04-02-2008 | 01:09 PM
looks great! how is the road noise with the tires?

Old 04-02-2008 | 01:12 PM
looks nice man.... real nice

Old 04-02-2008 | 02:05 PM
|
I honestly cant say how the Dual stearing stabilizers made a difference because it was all installed together. I can say that I really notice no difference between stock and lifted though in the stearing dept. with it.
It is only 150$ and after looking at how it was installed, can prob be done in your driveway in an hr or so.

Tires are great as far as road noise. Even with the window down you can just barely tell they are not stock. Ride very well.

Old 04-02-2008 | 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by racefan15
I honestly cant say how the Dual stearing stabilizers made a difference because it was all installed together. I can say that I really notice no difference between stock and lifted though in the stearing dept. with it.
It is only 150$ and after looking at how it was installed, can prob be done in your driveway in an hr or so.

Tires are great as far as road noise. Even with the window down you can just barely tell they are not stock. Ride very well.
---thanks for the tire info!

Quick Reply: Suspension finally done (pics)