Need Help with Lift Choice

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008 | 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by simonmcnasty
Racefan..the truck looks great...Mine is white also.

Are those procomp stryker wheels?..I was looking at those, they look good. that's my next task is to try and pick out wheels for the truck, I'm not finding alot of them that do much for me.

I'm trying to do some research to find someone who has run 20x12" wheels on these trucks. While I know that's not a look that most people like I happen to love the look of fat tires, pizza cutters just don't do it for me but to each his own.

Yes, they are procomp strykers. I like them a lot so far. $WP had a buy 2 get 2 sale so I got them pretty cheap (I think 685 or something like that)
Remember if you get 20" wheels and stay with 35's, my opinion is that you will not have much sidewall and Im not fond of that look wither (IMO) If I was going with 20's instead of 18's, then Id go with the 37's.
Everyones different and that is good or else we would have a forum of 500 trucks that all looked exactly the same.
If you need any further info feel free ot ask or pm me...Good luck. And remember, do a lot of research first. This stuffs expensive and you dont want ot be doing it twice.

Old 04-04-2008 | 10:34 AM
If you are primarily on the street I have to push my setup as well. Pro Comp Stage II ($1800.00 from 4WP) with the coilovers will let you play in the dirt anytime you want. You will get a true 8" of lift in the front (coilovers cranked) without all the spacers, then just a 3" AAL in the rear will ensure it sits level.

And I love my 20" PC Stykers with the 35X13.5-20 MT Baja ATZ's.

Good Luck on your decision...I know how hard it can be to make the decision...it took me over a year to make up my mind on the lift/wheels/tires.

Schmidtty

Old 04-04-2008 | 10:48 AM
Great looking truck Schmidtty.....Good advice and set up too. There are tons of options and combinations available. I talked to dozens of members on here before making my 4 month long decision.
Similar priced total kit as mine actually. Your lift was 300 more, but you didnt need the 100$ 2' front AS kit, so only 200 more in the long run.....another good option.

Old 04-04-2008 | 10:59 AM
|
Schmidtty...That is a great looking truck!

If I cant find someone whos running 20x12's to get some info on, i'm leaning towards the Strykers they are a great looking wheel.

I know I would get them if they were still having a buy 2 get 2 free, that was an awesome deal....funny how sometimes finding the right deal makes up your mind for you...ha ha

Last edited by simonmcnasty; 04-04-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-04-2008 | 11:08 AM
racefan...absolutely, this site is a blessing and a curse at the same time! I probably would have made up my mind a lot quicker without all the advice, pictures, and opinions of the good folks on this site!

There are a ton of options for our beautiful trucks and all of them are probably being utilized or at least commented on in this forum.

I guess the best advice I can give is to just buy what you can afford (if your truck is a street queen). There are very few lifts out there that are "BAD" for a basic daily driver that sees little to no offroad. Even the most basic 6" kit will last the life of the truck if it is not abused like a more expensive kit.

All lifted F-150's are sweet! And even the most basic front leveling kit makes our trucks look great!

Schmidtty

Quick Reply: Need Help with Lift Choice