Fabtech or Procomp?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008 | 01:18 PM
Suspended
I like procomp just for the fact that the procomp lift I installed went on much easier than any Fabtech lift I've put on. They are both quality kits and you will be happy with either one.

I carry both fabtech and procomp, so feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call and we can work something out.

Old 04-17-2008 | 01:26 PM
Does anyone know were you can buy a 8 inch cst lift, and how much do they normally cost?

Old 04-17-2008 | 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
agreed

disagreed.

Old 04-17-2008 | 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by FoMoCoFan17
disagreed.

Which part do you like more ? Stacking the rear ALUMINUM blocks ?

Or is it the huge spacer up front, to keep the factory crap.. i mean shock ?

Or is it the low hanging, weak looking front cross member ?
(I have never seen one broken tho)

And I would agree with Alon, Pro-Comp went in easier, I think due to better directions. IMO Fabtech directions look like someone wrote them who had NEVER actually done the install them self ! But, if your mechanically inclined, you can read through it to get an *idea* of what to do, then go from there.

(or were you disagreeing with me saying both are good kits ? )

Last edited by MercedesTech; 04-17-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2008 | 02:57 PM
Suspended

And I would agree with Alon, Pro-Comp went in easier, I think due to better directions. IMO Fabtech directions look like someone wrote them who had NEVER actually done the install them self ! But, if your mechanically inclined, you can read through it to get an *idea* of what to do, then go from there.

When I put a fabtech long arm kit on a 99 ram 2500 I think I did more fabricating putting it on than fabtech did making the whole thing.

When we did a 6" procomp on a chevy 2500 it seemed to go on much easier...and all the parts were there.

Old 04-17-2008 | 03:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Alon@ModBargains
When I put a fabtech long arm kit on a 99 ram 2500 I think I did more fabricating putting it on than fabtech did making the whole thing.

When we did a 6" procomp on a chevy 2500 it seemed to go on much easier...and all the parts were there.
We are talking about 04+ FORD F150s here though.

Old 04-17-2008 | 04:03 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
We are talking about 04+ FORD F150s here though.

Ya...I know.

And I am expressing my experiences with those companies on the trucks i mentioned earlier.

Old 04-17-2008 | 09:22 PM
My Pro Comp stage 1 lift has been more than adequate. Sure, the front cross member lacks the bling that the Fabtech kit has (and especially the Rize kit ) but I promise that peice is more than up to the job in terms of strength. I am still unclear as to the differences in shock and coil-spring mounts between the two kits... my Pro Comp has a large coil-spring spacer up top, and an extended shock that passes through everything to the original shock mount at the top (basically, it is like a 6" leveling kit with longer shocks).

In terms of rear lift, I agree that the Fabtech's single block is superior to the Pro Comp's stacked blocks... but even then I have had zero issues with mine. Either kit will ride well, and either kit will net 6" of lift (my Pro Comp lifted truck sat next to a 6" Fabtech lifted truck and it seemed like my truck was about 1" taller, but it could have been tire pressure, or any number of things). Both kits are great buys for the money, and will last a long time. Either kit can be upgraded to coil-overs, and they are interchangeable between the two brands (you can run Dirt-logics on a Pro Comp lift if you want).

Either way, you will be happy.

Old 04-17-2008 | 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tornadom
My Pro Comp stage 1 lift has been more than adequate. Sure, the front cross member lacks the bling that the Fabtech kit has (and especially the Rize kit ) but I promise that peice is more than up to the job in terms of strength. I am still unclear as to the differences in shock and coil-spring mounts between the two kits... my Pro Comp has a large coil-spring spacer up top, and an extended shock that passes through everything to the original shock mount at the top (basically, it is like a 6" leveling kit with longer shocks).

In terms of rear lift, I agree that the Fabtech's single block is superior to the Pro Comp's stacked blocks... but even then I have had zero issues with mine. Either kit will ride well, and either kit will net 6" of lift (my Pro Comp lifted truck sat next to a 6" Fabtech lifted truck and it seemed like my truck was about 1" taller, but it could have been tire pressure, or any number of things). Both kits are great buys for the money, and will last a long time. Either kit can be upgraded to coil-overs, and they are interchangeable between the two brands (you can run Dirt-logics on a Pro Comp lift if you want).

Either way, you will be happy.
Wow... well said with very little bias IMO.

Fabtech is still better !!

Old 04-17-2008 | 10:17 PM
Wow... well said with very little bias IMO.

Fabtech is still better !!
Word yo, word

Old 04-18-2008 | 02:04 AM
I cant get over that e bay price for the Pro Comp. That helps with the decision on which one to go with.

Old 04-18-2008 | 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by mpd165
I cant get over that e bay price for the Pro Comp. That helps with the decision on which one to go with.
I'd be careful with E-bay. Lots of guys have asked me if it was a good price, and this and that, EVERY time I look at one with a "good price" I see that they are only selling one box of parts (out of 3 or 4) or that something *crucial* is missing. Just a fair warning, make sure your getting everything, and try to find all the fine print. If they have a contact number, call em.

Old 04-18-2008 | 11:42 AM
I've installed both so here's your primary differences in the two. Fabtech comes with a differential drop brace, rear driveshaft spacer, a 5" block and new shocks up front. Procomp uses an aluminum block to be double stacked and a spacer for the front coilover. If you get the stage II then the spacer is irrelevant. As far as the front crossmember they're both the same durability they just look different.

On a side note how come whenever someone mentions they want a fabtech or procomp then rize or cst gets brought up?

Old 04-18-2008 | 11:44 AM
im glad i asked u a few months back cause it was only 1 box, i was just lookin they have a sale on pro comp wheel buy 3 get 1 free at 4wheelparts

Old 04-18-2008 | 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by KansasJoe

On a side note how come whenever someone mentions they want a fabtech or procomp then rize or cst gets brought up?
GOOD question ! So, guys who bring em up.... what gives ??

Quick Reply: Fabtech or Procomp?