6" ProComp

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008 | 02:47 PM
Yea, I'll take some pics today barring rain and start a new thread.

Mercedes: you could probably somehow make the skid plate fit. You would have to drill into the cross members (not cool) but somehow could probably make it fit. It just bolts on. The top mount has a bolt on bracket that would fit. The front skidplate and the midplate both mount into holes already drilled into the cross members. Install takes all of 20 minutes with a friend ( 45 minutes if you cant find your tools, your friend shows up 20 minutes into the install, and you keep knocking your beer over while under your truck).

As far as rear end squat, get an AAL. Mine doesnt squat at all.

Old 04-22-2008 | 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Go Sway-A-Way !! Awesome shocks !!

I just worry about axle wrap with the stacked blocks. Also, with those you usually have a "squat" look that I really dont like. What do you Pro-Comper's think about that ? How bad did your stage 1 squat ?

Also, I will admit (only this one time) Pro-Comp has a absolutely AWESOME looking front skid plate, that I would love to buy some day down the road just to see if I can figure out how to fab some tabs and mount it. But thats one of those "back burner" ideas !

Guys running the skid: Does it just bolt on ? Or do they use one of those "dovetail" type clamps ?
1). My stacked blocks will be replaced soon enough, likely with a new leaf pack. Therefore I am not too concerned about axle wrap. Although to answer your question about squat, you can look at my signature picture... it was taken pre-add a leaf.

2). Mine doesn't squat... I have a 2" AAL in the rear, so it actually has some rake to it and looks really good at the moment.

As for the skidplate, the front cross member on the Pro Comp kit is pre-drilled and threaded to allow the plate to bolt right on. The top/front of the skid plate bolt up to the frame somewhere.

Old 04-22-2008 | 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by tnsilverfx4
Yea, I'll take some pics today barring rain and start a new thread.

Mercedes: you could probably somehow make the skid plate fit. You would have to drill into the cross members (not cool) but somehow could probably make it fit. It just bolts on. The top mount has a bolt on bracket that would fit. The front skidplate and the midplate both mount into holes already drilled into the cross members. Install takes all of 20 minutes with a friend ( 45 minutes if you cant find your tools, your friend shows up 20 minutes into the install, and you keep knocking your beer over while under your truck).

As far as rear end squat, get an AAL. Mine doesnt squat at all.
sweet, be nice to see what it looks like altogether

Old 04-22-2008 | 03:17 PM
were r u posting it

Old 04-22-2008 | 04:29 PM
I'll start a new thread so we dont hijack this one worse then it already has been

I'll make sure to take pics of the skid plate. You actually have two pieces. You only see one up front, but theres a mid plate that runs to the rear crossmember. They bolt right into the prethreaded and drilled holes Tornadom mentioned, and the top of the front plate bolts into a bracket that ProComp supples with the plate. The bracket bolts right into the bumper (i think thats what it was. it could have been the frame.).

Old 04-22-2008 | 05:03 PM
thats cool, thats why i like the pro comp lift

Old 04-22-2008 | 06:20 PM
The skid plate is a nice option.

I have a few shots in my gallery.

Originally Posted by tnsilverfx4
I'll start a new thread so we dont hijack this one worse then it already has been
The title of the thread is 6" ProComp.

That's what forums are for, he asked.

Old 04-22-2008 | 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by FoMoCoFan17
The skid plate is a nice option.

I have a few shots in my gallery.

The title of the thread is 6" ProComp.

That's what forums are for, he asked.
thanks for that pic, ur truck looks great

Old 04-22-2008 | 11:48 PM
Follow the leader then!

There are some new pics in my gallery. Im too lazy to post them in the threads (i have no idea how)

Old 04-22-2008 | 11:52 PM
sweet, they look good, thanks for the pics tnsilverfx4

Old 04-22-2008 | 11:57 PM
I dont really mean to hyjack the thread but you guys said that the procomp isnt the best offroad and here I was just looking at a 6" procomp stage 1 with an aal and king shocks. The thing is going to be taken off roading about once a week or so and i really dont feel like having to constantly replace stuff so is the procomp really that bad of a kit for offroading?

Old 04-23-2008 | 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by da boss
I dont really mean to hyjack the thread but you guys said that the procomp isnt the best offroad and here I was just looking at a 6" procomp stage 1 with an aal and king shocks. The thing is going to be taken off roading about once a week or so and i really dont feel like having to constantly replace stuff so is the procomp really that bad of a kit for offroading?

With the set-up you mention, it should be a pretty decent kit. The King shocks would replace the huge front spacer it comes with, I would also suggest replacing the "normal" block with their new 5.5" block.

What kind of wheeling you like doing ?

Old 04-23-2008 | 09:51 AM
That will be a pretty kick *** setup. If it is king shocks at all four corners then I would say you are pretty well off then. As long as you arent rockcrawling in your truck, nothing should break (more than the usual things that break anyway).

Old 04-23-2008 | 11:27 AM
tnsilverfx4,

Do you remove the factory FX4 skidplate to put in the ProComp skid plate?

I wasn't really sold on the skidplate idea until I saw your westin bar+skidplate w/ the ProComp skidplate together.

Old 04-23-2008 | 11:50 AM
Ya, you have to remove the factory front "splash guard" (skid plate) just to mount the new Pro Comp cross members, so yes, if you run Pro Comp skids or not, you most likely would not be running your old Factory tin splash guard.

Quick Reply: 6" ProComp