6" ProComp

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008 | 12:28 PM
Yep, if its not dented (like mine was) you can probably sell it on here.

Thanks for the compliment. I was scared about how it would turn out. I considered taking the westin's plate off, but after I got it bolted on i started thinking it looks cool.

Old 04-23-2008 | 01:05 PM
Tnsilver: So, what did it take to install those traction bars ? They look pretty sweet.

They help keep the rear planted a little better ? How about going through those wash board style dirt roads ?

Old 04-23-2008 | 01:20 PM
How much do those pro comp skid plates run? I cant find one.

Old 04-23-2008 | 01:47 PM
I think this is the one:
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...9&scid=FROOGLE

Looks like it runs right around $210.00 or so

Old 04-23-2008 | 02:36 PM
Lol no rockcrawling for me. Im mainly using it for mudding, trail riding, and taking it to the beach when it finally gets warm. Yeah its going to have the king shocks for all 4 corners. How much does that 5.5" block cost?

Old 04-23-2008 | 02:42 PM
$109.00 delivered from a buddy of mine (roughly)

Ask who ever is selling the lift to see how much it would cost

Old 04-23-2008 | 03:05 PM
Yeah i dont know were im buying it yet as im trying to find the cheapest price first and im not lifting it till the end of the summer anyways so i have a little bit of time to figure everything out.

Old 04-23-2008 | 03:13 PM
traction bar rant

I think I paid 180 for mine. I wish I had the $109 hook-up

The traction bars are easy to install but a pain in the butt (here's where I explain). I had a buddy of mine help me do it. you basically have 3 parts: rear bracket, bar, and front bracket.

The rear bracket is easy to install. You just unscrew your ubolts and the bracket mounts underneath the axle. It was a pain in the butt because one of my U-bolts fused and we had to replace all of them. It was then that I realized that you can't reuse u-bolts. So i had some fabbed at a shop here in memphis and got the brackets and the rear end all setup.

After reading the instructions, we realized that we would have to do some drilling to get the front brackets in. It was here that we got very lazy and said screw it. I paid a tech at 4wp 20 bucks to weld the front brackets on and there you have it.

So in essence, install can be completely bolt-on. I paid $75 to have 4 extended length u-bolts bent while I waited (it took me longer to find the place then it did for them to make them) and $20 for the welding. If I were to do it again or share advice, I would say buy the u-bolts up front, do the rear yourself, and pay someone to weld front brackets. Theres a whole lot of screwing with the frame and I just got lazy.

Performance-wise: truck is much much much more stable. Rear-end stays put, less sway, i can accelerate and not worry about blowing up my rear end. Next weekend when I go hunting (talk about washboard roads!) I'll be able to talk about the off-road performance.

Old 04-23-2008 | 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by tnsilverfx4

The traction bars are easy to install but a pain in the butt (here's where I explain). I had a buddy of mine help me do it. you basically have 3 parts: rear bracket, bar, and front bracket.

The rear bracket is easy to install. You just unscrew your ubolts and the bracket mounts underneath the axle. It was a pain in the butt because one of my U-bolts fused and we had to replace all of them. It was then that I realized that you can't reuse u-bolts. So i had some fabbed at a shop here in memphis and got the brackets and the rear end all setup.

After reading the instructions, we realized that we would have to do some drilling to get the front brackets in. It was here that we got very lazy and said screw it. I paid a tech at 4wp 20 bucks to weld the front brackets on and there you have it.

So in essence, install can be completely bolt-on. I paid $75 to have 4 extended length u-bolts bent while I waited (it took me longer to find the place then it did for them to make them) and $20 for the welding. If I were to do it again or share advice, I would say buy the u-bolts up front, do the rear yourself, and pay someone to weld front brackets. Theres a whole lot of screwing with the frame and I just got lazy.

Performance-wise: truck is much much much more stable. Rear-end stays put, less sway, i can accelerate and not worry about blowing up my rear end. Next weekend when I go hunting (talk about washboard roads!) I'll be able to talk about the off-road performance.
Hey thanks for posting that up cause i know im putting my lift, traction bars, etc. in myself so any advice i can find on how to do this im going to take

Old 04-23-2008 | 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by tnsilverfx4

Thats some great info ! Thanks bud. Let me know after your huntin trip.
(whatcha hunt for?)

Old 04-23-2008 | 08:06 PM
109 was for the blocks right? not the traction bar right?

Old 04-23-2008 | 08:16 PM
Mercedes: Tennessee turkeys!

Johnnyt: i paid 180 for the skid plate. I think mercedes said he could get it for 109, but that might have been the blocks (i might have read his post wrong). You can get the blocks for about 120 at most places i think. Traction bars can go for 500 for pro comps, i think 700 for superlifts. I think rize makes a set that you can make work on an f150.

Old 04-24-2008 | 04:59 AM
Pro Comp works

My 6" pro Comp has not give me any trouble at all going on 2 years now. Lots of hard mudding and some minor rock crawling (so ta speak)
And it rides and handles curves as good as stock. Nothing has broken as of yet. Had one alignment done in the past year with my usual tire rotation and balance.
Just so you have another opinion to work with.

Old 04-24-2008 | 11:25 AM
$109 is for the Pro Comp rear lift blocks, sorry guys. I think the lowest price for the skid is what TN already said, right around $180.

Turkeys ? Tis the season right ? And I aven't even got out and nabbedme one yet ! Whats your guy's limit over there ?

JT: Really dig that front light ba. Looks real nice. How heavy duty is it? You think you coud stand on it ? and ho makes it ?

I was looking through your photos and remember seeing that first album before. Gorgeous scenery ! But, is that your truck all torn up in there ? Was there a thread about it ? Looks pretty beat up man, hope everything turned out ok and you were fine.

** oh, and here is the guy who can get some pretty decent prices on lifts, tires, wheels, andother accessories (like lift blocks). Heck, I have gotten all my mods from him.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/members/81799-crash_lucky13.html

Just let him know your a member of this site, and that I sent you over his way. He'll help you out.

Old 04-24-2008 | 12:17 PM
Thanks for the info Mercedes. The list of mods never ever ends. If you look carefully in my album (thread is 9/8/7) my FX4 that was rolled twice with 4 people who walked way has the same light bar on it. After buying it back from the insurance retards, the frame was pretty twisted. So I realigned everything and welded in some support. It was a pretty cheesy bar to begin with (especially for $600, I just wrote a review on it)
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=330705
But now I wouldnt have any problem standing on it.

Quick Reply: 6" ProComp