where to buy Bilstien shocks...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to buy Bilstien shocks...

I drive a 2004 F150 4w4 Super Crew. I'm searching all over and I'm having issues when searching for the right front and rear bilstien shocks at the best price. Its bad enough websites don't distinguish between new body and heritage I also have to determine front and rear. Some sites have the rears but not the front. I've also heard that there is a different shock for the crew cabs, so you can see my dilemma. Ive been on eshocks.com, lists 03 crew cab but only one type for 2004, autoanything has rear only- i'd like to get them from one place.

Please point me in the right direction..
Please list part #(s).
Any info will help...

Thx

Old 04-25-2008, 03:04 AM
Suspended
Type the part number into Google. You should find the best price somewhere.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:52 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 04-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
X2

Old 04-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Got mine from www.topgunzcustoms.com

They were the cheapest I found.........also have great customer service. I called them and placed my order.

I'm not sure about the different shock for Screw's.......I wasn't aware of that. Call Bilstein customer service and ask them directly, they would know.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:20 PM
bilstein

Originally Posted by risupercrewman
X3

Old 04-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=330891

Might want to read this.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Suspended
I wouldn't base my decision of that one guy's thread. I too have bought from them with no problems.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by JDeere7296
Got mine from www.topgunzcustoms.com

They were the cheapest I found.........also have great customer service. I called them and placed my order.

I'm not sure about the different shock for Screw's.......I wasn't aware of that. Call Bilstein customer service and ask them directly, they would know.

I just wanted to correct the address you listed so that future searches get the right info, ya know...?

www.topguncustomz.com
good price too!

I know multiple questions are looked down upon but whats the better model? Bilstien Heavy Duty (HD), or 5100's or 5150's?

Thanx

Old 04-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You have a 2004 Heritage, which means you have the '03 body style. Yes, Bilstein makes two different shocks for our trucks (more than that if you count lifted trucks). In the HD lineup, which BTW is the only shock available for non-lifted trucks, they made a shock for the SCrew body style and a different shock for everything else. The shock for the SCrew is valved differently for the weight of the truck. The rear shocks are all the same though. Just the front is different.

You need to be shopping for a shock for a '01 - '03 SCrew. Yea yea, we know you technically have an '04, but it's the exact same truck. Don't shop for shocks for an '04 cause your going to deal with what you have been dealing with trying to find them. Just tell the sales guy you have an '03 and leave it alone.

I have bought shocks from shockwarehouse and other stuff from topguncutomz...can not go wrong either way. Both great. See which one does the best price!! As for the negative write up on shockwarehouse, that's the first I've seen and my results with them were 180* off from that report. If every business was shut down for one bad incident there would be no such thing as business.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...shockwarehouse

Last edited by Galaxy; 04-26-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Old 04-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
You have a 2004 Heritage, which means you have the '03 body style. Yes, Bilstein makes two different shocks for our trucks (more than that if you count lifted trucks). In the HD lineup, which BTW is the only shock available for non-lifted trucks, they made a shock for the SCrew body style and a different shock for everything else. The shock for the SCrew is valved differently for the weight of the truck. The rear shocks are all the same though. Just the front is different.

You need to be shopping for a shock for a '01 - '03 SCrew. Yea yea, we know you technically have an '04, but it's the exact same truck...

Hah!, see there?! now I have the forum all confused!
No, I do not have a heritage truck. I have the new body style. See, thats the problem. That over-lapping year of new body style and "Heritage" truck really makes it a pain in the ****! Now, I know what you're going to say, "look for 2005 parts" but the problem is that being the fist model year of the new body, Ford found stuff to change that first year and things are different from one to another in the same year!!! 2004 alone!!! not to mention major differences to 2005 the following year, and then again differences from 2005 to 2006 and newer. Now I know these differences are minimal but huge when I've they catch me by surprise...

(I'm gonn go off on a tangent but stick with me...)
For example, my exhaust muffler and hanger is different than later 2004 and every truck there after. I require a 26" mid pipe but older trucks need 18". Magnaflow sends both but some exhaust manufacturers don't... My A/C line (manifold line- both the high and low side hoses off the compressor) was different from later 04 and newer trucks. Mine (before I changed it because it sprung a leak) had a secondary filter/muffler on the low side, prior to the compressor. The new and subsequent super-ceeded part has no filter and a muffler on the high side after the comp... Then of course theres the 2003 and older have different shocks in front for SCrews (just adds to the confusion I'm having)... I have a completely different computer reflash (OEM) and engine strategy than newer 04 and later trucks... Just a bunch of little things hear and there...

So, bottom line, 2003 and older trucks had the "different front shocks" than all other cab configs, I got that. "New Body" (04-08)styles there is no contingant for different shocks from the SCrew to other cabs, right? I don;t mean to sound like a D!#K. I'm just seems that every time I try to do something i get a curve ball... frustating.

So, again: Whats better- HD's or 5100's?

Last edited by BuyAmerican; 04-27-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by StrangeRanger

I went there, They had the cheapest price shipped for the HD's. Ebay was cheapest (by $10) than topguncustomz.com for the 5100's but is a imited offer...

Old 04-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OK, my apologies also for getting everything turned around...but I re-read your original post and yes, you gave the impression you were looking for a 2004 Heritage...or so I interpreted. No biggie!!

Your 'normal' 2004, as far as shocks / front struts are concerned, are the same as any other ....2004-2008 are all the same. There's also no difference in shocks between body styles within the 2004-2008 line up.

BE5-C298 Front / BE5-C299 Rear are the shocks you want for your truck!! These are the 5100's, so they're silver and have the heigth adjustment capability on the fronts.

You can get the BE5-A934 Front / BE5-A935 Rears. These will be the exact same shock, but they'll be Bilstein yellow and no heigth adjustment on the fronts.

HD's and 5100's are the exact same shock except for two minor differences. 5100's are silver instead of yellow, and 5100's are for lifted trucks. The valving, internal design, construction, everthing is identical between the two except the two items I mentioned...except for the 2004-2008 trucks, you can get 5100's which have the capability to raise the front of the truck one or two inches.

Here's both of these shocks for your truck on this page. Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, but I don't understand what has you so confused??

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index....cted_year=2004

Old 04-28-2008, 10:19 PM
after reading my original post I can see how I wasn't very clear. This was a very minor concern and I made a mountain out of a mole hill. Good thing is that all of the info I was looking for was provided. I was able to double check that I was looking at the correct ones, given information to the differences, and a good idea for the price I am looking for. Thanks again to all...

Quick Reply: where to buy Bilstien shocks...