body lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008 | 09:41 AM
|
body lift

hello ive been playing around with the idea of doing a body lift to my truck. its a 2002 f150(duh) 4x4 with a standard cab and long bed.now ive just finished looking at summit online and read thru(ok i skimed thru it) it didnt look to complicated. but before i just went ahead and went cash crazy i thought id get on here and ask what others thought of their experience of doing their own body lift and maybe even hand out a few tips. plus i was wondering what methods others used to actually lift the cab and bed. i have ideas on how to do it but i really dont want to trial and error my ideas till i stumble one the best one. thanks in advance for your replies

Old 05-21-2008 | 10:22 AM
I have pics of the entire install process with captions and descriptions in my gallery. It was on an 03 Screw 4x4... This will give you an idea of what you are in for. Just click on the camera icon below my username in the top right corner of this post.

Tips - There's a lot of them. Some are in gallery. Air tools will make the job easier but they aren't a necessity. PB Blast all of the body bolts about a week before the install, they will help them break loose easier.

You'll also need a t-47 torx bit to pull the bed bolts out. I recommend buying 2 of them incase you snap one. They are like $5 a piece at any autoparts store. The directions say to pull the radiator but you won't need to do that. You can get around that step by using tin snips to cut the fan shroud and raise is up the 3" you need.

It's not to be of an install, just time consuming.

Old 05-21-2008 | 10:49 AM
Also, check out my gallary and look at my tow hooks. I used tow hooks from a 88-98 GM 4x4 and mounted them inside my frame rails. They line up perfectly with the holes in the bumper's valance after the body lift.

Quick Reply: body lift