Newb, lookin for a cheap lift??

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008 | 11:30 AM
I lifted my front end appox 2" and now am looking at an add-a-leaf for the rear. I have a 2wd so my set up is a little different. From searching on here I think the AAL is the way to go. I only need about 1" to 1.5" of lift on the rear, but there are several kits for 4wd that lift 2" to 2.5".

I used the Bilsteins 5100's to lift the front, and just bought a set for the rear. However the rears don't lift, just give extra length for travel. Thats were the AAL or blocks come in.......

If you are good with tools and have some moderate experience I would say you should be able to install a 2" leveling kit on the front and a block or AAL on the rear. Depending on what shop you use, it may cost you $$$ for them to do the install.

However, If you use the Bilstein's to get the lift in the front, I would suggest taking them to a shop to have them install for you. It only cost me $40 ($20 each side) to have them take off OEM struts and install the Bilstein struts in coilsprings and put all back in. IMHO its worth the extra $$ instead of dealing with the headache of getting a spring compressor and DIY.

Quick Reply: Newb, lookin for a cheap lift??