Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shocks

Quick question for you experts. I hope this is not a dumb question but I have a 95 4X4 in nice shape and would like to raise it just a couple of inches. Can I get shockes that will do that or do I need a lift kit? Thanks.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:12 PM
shocks wont do anything for the height, u will need either a lift kit or a body lift.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks Krazyballer. I'll look into it. Do you have a suggestion for something with a slight height raise? thanks.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Jimbo2112
Thanks Krazyballer. I'll look into it. Do you have a suggestion for something with a slight height raise? thanks.
Your best bet, if you only want a couple of inches and don't want to spend money on a suspension lift, is to get a body lift (2" or 3"). However, I am not sure if they make them for a 95. I think they do but I could be wrong. They make them for the 97-03s and the 04+s. You'll have to do some research and see.

Performance Accessories is the company you'll want to look at. Best Body Lift kit on the market, and they might be the only one now, especially for a 95.

Again, I am not sure if they make them for your truck, but if they do this will be the cheapest way to accomplish what you are trying to do.

Looks like they do, you may want to shop around a little but they are out there:

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...uscon/823.html

Last edited by jk007; 10-01-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks again. I was looking at Rancho lifting springs too. I'm not so concerned about the $ but more about just needing a couple of inches to make it look better with my new Michelin's. I'll check out the body lift link. Thanks. I installed dual exhaust, chrome step bars, K&N air cooler and now it's the lift. Nothing wrong at all with the engine it's just that it's sluggish for the weight. Too bad they didn't put a bigger size in it in 95. Thanks man. I believe the pic on this site are at jimbo2112 before the new tires though. Your truck looks great.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Daystar also makes coilspring spacers to raise the front of your truck 2 inches. The rear could easily be lifted with lift blocks. If you were to combine the 3 inch body lift and the Daystar spacers you could have an inexpensive 5 inch lift.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jimbo2112
Thanks again. I was looking at Rancho lifting springs too. I'm not so concerned about the $ but more about just needing a couple of inches to make it look better with my new Michelin's. I'll check out the body lift link. Thanks. I installed dual exhaust, chrome step bars, K&N air cooler and now it's the lift. Nothing wrong at all with the engine it's just that it's sluggish for the weight. Too bad they didn't put a bigger size in it in 95. Thanks man. I believe the pic on this site are at jimbo2112 before the new tires though. Your truck looks great.
Thanks. One thing with the body lift, since you have dual exhaust you would need to raise it up a few inches to make it look right. If you decide to go that route. Your step bars will hide the frame good also. You should still be able to run your K&N...

If money isn't a big concern, you'll want to go with a suspension lift. It will look better and you won't have to do anything with your exhaust. Wandell has a pretty good suggestion though. You certainly have options. Good luck.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Urethane spacers X2!!!

The 80-96 Ford trucks are the WORST truck to install aftermarket springs. The alignment is extremely dependent on ride height. Unlike the 04+ trucks which can be raised up to 2.5 inches without much of a change in alignment.......on a 95, a sag of only 1/4 inch at the spring will throw your alignment out of range. And aftermarket coil springs are notorious for sagging......and are what caused the early Ford suspensions to get the reputation for eating tires.

OEM springs and spacers are the way to go.

What you need are urethane spacers, oversize fully adjustable alignment cams, and longer shocks.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks!!!!

Quick Reply: Shocks