Bilstein 5100's

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008 | 08:45 PM
|
Bilstein 5100's

I figured I'd put this up for anyone who was on the fence about replacing their shocks with Bilsteins.

After doing alot of research on this website, I ordered a set (front and rear) of Bilstein leveling shocks from Top Gun Customz. They were delivered today and I replaced the rears and what a difference. The rear of the truck had been hopping around alot for the last 10K miles.

I didn't need to take the tires off and anyone with a 18 mm and 15 mm socket can replace the rears. I took it for a ride after and the back end is steady as a rock. I'm taking it to the shop on Wed to have the fronts replaced. I update after I take it for a test drive.

I currently have the 2.5 AS and thats why I went with the adjustables so I can remove the AS, keep the truck level and still still fit my 35's. No problems with the AS, but after 50K miles, its time to change the shocks and I figured why not change out the AS while its all apart.

Old 10-06-2008 | 10:57 PM
Made a good move I've had mine on for about 5 months and love them. I just wish the front shock would've raised the front end atleast a half inch more, but it still looks good.

Old 10-06-2008 | 11:23 PM
What did the Bilstein's run you? How high does your front sit now compared to the rear? I'll be due for new shocks in about 10k miles, and was thinking of doing the same thing.

Thanks!

Old 10-07-2008 | 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by GoBigRedFX4
What did the Bilstein's run you? How high does your front sit now compared to the rear? I'll be due for new shocks in about 10k miles, and was thinking of doing the same thing.

Thanks!
Don't know which one of us you were asking? But I got a great deal off E-Bay, $320.00 shipped. Usually its anywhere from $360 to $400. I lucked up and found a set from a small e-bay store. Actually, my truck sits about right. The back end is almost a half inch higher than the front. The Bilsteins will not make your truck perfectly level. I was just wanting that extra height so I could put a taller block on the rear so it wouldn't be "too level" Now after a few months I'm wanting to go higher. Either a body lift or save enough money and get a Rancho 4in suspension lift..........and I wonder why I stay broke:o

Old 10-08-2008 | 12:02 AM
UofKboy,

You are just as good as any. Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking of looking into this as a viable option. My truck actually sits about 1/4in higher in the front, and I'd like it to be the opposite. My other alternative is to put a block in the rear. We'll see what happens.

Old 10-08-2008 | 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by GoBigRedFX4
UofKboy,

You are just as good as any. Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking of looking into this as a viable option. My truck actually sits about 1/4in higher in the front, and I'd like it to be the opposite. My other alternative is to put a block in the rear. We'll see what happens.
yea, a block or a add-a-leaf would work too. It might just depend on the model of truck too. When I said it didn't completely level mine, I was refering to my model truck which is a 2004 XL. And if i'm not mistaken, the 2004 models(maybe 2005) sat a little more lower in the front end compared to the latter models. Plus, you have a FX4 right? If so, yours may have different measurments than mine.

Old 10-10-2008 | 11:30 AM
So i have a 6 in. procomp lift, its the basic stage one. I have 35's but want to run 37's, so from my understanding i can put these shocks in the front and it would be enough to clear the 37's?

Quick Reply: Bilstein 5100's