problems with lift?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problems with lift?

i have a 98 2wd f150 and i'm gonna put a leveling kit and a 3in body lift on it.
is there any problems that i am likely to run into when it is lifted?

Old 10-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Like what? I'm not sure what you're asking..

Old 10-29-2008, 09:12 PM
i know some guys who have lifted there trucks and some of them have run into problems once it was lifted and had to pay alot of money to get that stuff fixed.
is there any typicla problems or things that could go wrong after i lift it?

Old 10-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
If you install the lift yourself, and you don't know what you're doing, the problems are limitless. If you know what you're doing, then the only thing that can go wrong is that you get stuff from the manufacturer that does not fit. If it all fits, and you know what to do, then you should be just fine.

Now that is not to say that a shop can't make mistakes either. But if that shop installs lifts on a regular basis, then their techs have installed a lot more lifts than you and they may be more experienced than you are. A good reputable shop will stand behind what they are selling and installing. If they made a mistake, they will fix it. If the lift came with parts that don't fit, they will work with the manufacturer to get you parts that do fit.

Of course, I'm talking about a good and reputable shop. A shady, fly-by-night operation.....and they could screw everything up and leave you holding the bag.

So I guess you'll just have to go out to shops in your area, talk to them, and look at the work they've done.

At my local 4WheelParts.com outlet, the employees also drive trucks & Jeeps, that they have lifted out of their shop. These guys do go off road and have an understanding of what works and doesn't. And they were honest enough to tell me that they did not like the Explorer Pro Comp stage 1, as opposed to a Fabtech. Of course, they'll sell me the Pro Comp if I really wanted it, but advised against it. I was sold on the Fabtech stage 2 with the coil overs because those guys had it on their trucks, and they had photos and videos of them off-roading in those same trucks.

I'm not endorsing 4WheelParts.com. We have all heard from others on this forum about how they have had bad experiences there. I do know that every store has different employees, and that my local outlet has decent people. I have no idea who works at your local outlet. And if you don't have a local outlet, then you're just dealing with another mail order outfit like all the others online.

Quick Reply: problems with lift?