Offset Autospring

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008 | 01:01 AM
|
Offset Autospring

Hey guys I supposedly have the "offset" Autospring but I have noticed my upper control arm still hits/rubs the coil when the tires are off the ground. I dont think it ever happens while the tires are on the ground though.

My understanding was the offset kit was supposed to prevent this. Did I maybe get one of the last kits before the offset kit or is what I am seeing normal?

Old 11-21-2008 | 09:46 AM
i believe the offset only hleps when the suspension is loaded.... in order to help when the tires ore off the ground, you would need longer knuckles.

Old 11-21-2008 | 12:13 PM
Yeah, the offset design is supposed to eliminate the touching. Maybe you don't have the offset design or maybe it was installed incorrectly.

Old 11-21-2008 | 12:37 PM
|
Not really any way to install it wrong, pretty simple design from what I remember.

Anyone else with a offset kit experience this? I have only noticed them touching when the truck is off the ground like getting my tires rotated.

Old 11-22-2008 | 01:50 PM
there is only one way to install them, based on the bolt pattern on the top. im wondering if your AS changed the orientation on the coil...... or are the coils bolts lined up with the spacers bolts? you might have one that isnt offset, but i think that what your seeing is completely normal..... it would be almost impossible for anyone to say that your UCA "will not hit the coil" when your suspension isnt loaded.

Old 11-23-2008 | 08:02 AM
Yeah i have same issue as you.

it was not too bad..

i have a offset AS 1.5". it hits coil springs when dropping the tires.

i noticed this ONLY happens when the steering is turning on the corner on uneven road.

I didnt notice that much when its driving straight ( hit pothole, beach etc.

YOMAN!

Old 11-23-2008 | 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by YOMAN
Yeah i have same issue as you.

it was not too bad..

i have a offset AS 1.5". it hits coil springs when dropping the tires.

i noticed this ONLY happens when the steering is turning on the corner on uneven road.

I didnt notice that much when its driving straight ( hit pothole, beach etc.

YOMAN!
I have the 1.5'' kit as well. My upper control arm hits the coils as well but only when the truck has been sitting on a lift for a while and the wheels are hanging. It barely touches, if it doesn't touch or rub when your driving down the road your fine don't worry about it

Quick Reply: Offset Autospring