Leveled w/ 35's

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveled w/ 35's

It's done!! After alot of research I decided on a few things - some yall will like - some you won't. I purchased a set of 20" Chrome Gunner 6 rims a couple months back and threw some 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's on them. I also installed a 3" Pro Comp strut spacer and two 1/4 inch plates under the leaf springs to level it out. I think I will prob have to add another 1/2 inch because the front still seems high to me.

The reasoning behind the 3" Pro Comp spacer - I know some f you guys are probably freaking out - is when it came down to it, the 4" Rancho just wasn't enough lift for me and I knew ultimatly I wouldn't be happy with it (Rancho was th kit I was planning to run). I knew I would want to go bigger but I wasn't quite ready to do it just yet. I plan on putting an 8" Rize with 37"s on once I go through this set of tires. I didnt want to drop over 2 grand on the Rancho and then have to do it all over again in 2 years. This way im only out $250 for the lift.

The spacer gave me the clearance I needed for the 35"s and all I had to do as some VERY MINOR trimming and Im not rubbing on anything at full lock. The angle of the ball joint isn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. Once the truck was down and the weight was on the spring I was pleasantly relieved. I just figured that the if the Pro Comp guys thought 3" was too much they wouldn't offer it. If anything I'll be a good guinea pig. If I ever start to have problems I'll def let you guys know.

The 3" spacer left my front end about an inch higher than the back. the U-bolts holding everything together back there were not long enough to accommadate the full 1 inch so I just have the 1/2. I can tell it needs to come up and plan to do it in a couple weeks.

The best part about it was doing it myself with the help of my father in law. I learned a tremendous amount about my turck and how everything works. I've always been a very technically minded person, just never did a whole lot to my vehicles. Mostly because I didn't have the tools to do it with.

I'll have to post the completed truck tomorrow cuz it was too dark to take the pic tonite. I'll shoot a couple pics of the CV joint too.

Specs are now as follows
Tint 5%
S&B CAI
Roush Exhaust
VMP Tunes
3" lift
35" Toyos
20" Gunner 6

Before the spacer

After

Old 12-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Looks good

Last edited by mhockey9090; 12-08-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:36 PM
3" is way too much. Even though you said some of us may be freaking out well yah. Your going to wear out your UCA's, ball joints fast and CV angles will be bad as well. Companies will sell you anything whether they are good or Bad. But thinking that you did a lot of research i would have atleast thought you would have gone with a 2 1/2" leveling kit at the most. But thats my opinion along with alot of other guys here in this forum.

Last edited by mhockey9090; 12-08-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Also it will prob void your warranty for anything that breaks up front like your UCA, Ball joints, CV joints, Halfshaft, Etc. So just be prepared to be paying for that kinda stuff when it comes time. Unless you have a really cool ford that doesnt really care and will help you out anyways like mine does. Sorry for the 3 post as well my comp took a crap on me and posted the same thing 3 times so had to erase and fill it in with something.

Last edited by mhockey9090; 12-08-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Suspended
looks good. i love that color white

Old 12-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by mhockey9090
3" is way too much. Even though you said some of us may be freaking out well yah. Your going to wear out your UCA's, ball joints fast and CV angles will be bad as well. Companies will sell you anything whether they are good or Bad. But thinking that you did a lot of research i would have atleast thought you would have gone with a 2 1/2" leveling kit at the most. But thats my opinion along with alot of other guys here in this forum.
I did ton of research on this site and found nothing to prove what your saying Just kidding

Atually Ive read over an over again on here not to go over 2.5 - I finally took the word of my local parts guy who I buy stuff from for my Jee Wrangler all the time. H had the opportunity to sell me a 2000 - 2500 Rancho kit and he convinced me to go with the spacer instead. And like I said I only plan to run it for a couple years then I'll throw the real deal on. Also not worried about the warranty. I put 36k on the truck this year so its already done.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:46 PM
yeah well hopefully it will last you 3 years without having to replace parts and etc. But anything can happen at anytime with these trucks lol. It does look good though

Old 12-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Im thinking of 35 Toyos m/ts on my 20" rims and a 2.5" AS. let me know how those tires ride. nice setup BTW

Quick Reply: Leveled w/ 35's