Question about AS leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about AS leveling kit

I just installed my 2 inch AS last night. I noticed the upper control arm is at a pretty decent angle now is that normal?
I will post some pics of the truck tomorrow.
By the way once you get one side figured out the other one is pretty simple.
I had a problem with the upper ball joint spinning, if you put a jack under the lower control arm and jack it up a little it puts some pressure on it so you can tighten the nut. Same with the nut to get the sway bar disconnected.
My hat goes off to TXST8tj for the great write up. It helped out a lot

Old 12-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 20SUPERCREW05
I just installed my 2 inch AS last night. I noticed the upper control arm is at a pretty decent angle now is that normal?
I had a problem with the upper ball joint spinning, if you put a jack under the lower control arm and jack it up a little it puts some pressure on it so you can tighten the nut. Same with the nut to get the sway bar disconnected.
I just installed a 2" AS and my UCA is at a pretty good angle as well. I think it is completely normal for this type of change in your suspension. That is the cause for folks being worried about ball joints wearing out quickly. Most seem to think that you are safe with going with the 2" kit, as opposed to a 2.5" or 3." Hope this helps and I'm looking forward to the pics!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:26 AM
The bolts those nuts spin on to are squared off. You can hold em with a 10mm.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:55 AM
Well i looked at them again and it isn't bad. When i was wondering about them it was while the truck was in the air with no load. Its all good now, I think my truck rides better now for some reason and looks sweet. Ford said the alignment was slightly toed in but not to bad. 40 dollars for those of you who are wondering. total price was
70- kit
40- alignment
40- tools- 20 dollar wrench that wasn't need so will be returned. that giant bolt didn't really spin it could have been held with a channel locks.
the 30mm axle socket 10 dollars had to be a deep because the short i bought wasn't long enough. save your self the drive and spend 1 more dollar on the deep. 18" breaker bar was enough to break it loose.

130 was the damage to the wallet.
I will post pics this weekend.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by 20SUPERCREW05
on the sway bar link, (towards the top of it i believe), there is a spot where you can get on it with a wrench to hold it while tightening the nut. should make it a little easier if you have to take it apart again.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Okay I have a question for MikeSWT....is your truck lifted or leveled? and what tires are on there. I like your truck alot, it has that twist of badass and clean all together.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks Man - It has a 3" Procomp Spacer in the front and a 1/2 inch spacer in the back -Just enough to get those 35"s on and still be able to roll into a parking garage.

Quick Reply: Question about AS leveling kit